We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusion

Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Confusion

How do people manage to book their own holidays around Thailand iam just so confused your operators do not offer the lovely smaller operating hotels that I have seen on here.. I would love to be able to organise my own from start to finish would like to see Bangkok Chang mai but can't decide on finishing in Phuket or pattaya or any other beaches any one got any suggestions or help travelling from Birmingham uk oct 12th for 2 weeks

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confusion

Well first you book your flights and you can get prices and schedules at www.skyscanner.net stay a few days in Bangkok, you can check out hotels at www.asiatravel.com and www.sawadee.com to get an idea of what's avialble for your budget, Sukhumvit is a good area for a first visit, then you can either fly or get the train to Chiang Mai, stay a few days there then get a flight from there to Phuket, you can use the same websites to check out hotels in Chiang Mai and Phuket, Pattaya is nearer to Bangkok but the beaches and water clarity are much better in Phuket.

October isn't the best month weatherwise but loads of people return every year so it's not that bad but you will probably get some thunderstorms.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,561 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confusion

Maybe book flight to BKK stay 3 nights see all the major sights/temples etc overnight train or fly up to Chiang Mai stay 4 nights Elephant comp hill tribes nature old city etc fly down to Phuket stay 5 night chilling out on the beach maybe day trip to an island or 2 fly back to Bangkok last minute shopping/sightseeing for 2 nights fly home from BKK

Asia rooms

Agoda

Booking.com

Sawadee

All of the above for hotels to suit all budgets in all 3 locations

I would suggest staying in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok close to a BTS station for ease of transport in Bangkok

I would suggest staying near the night bazzar/old city in Chiang Mai

Depending on whether you want lively or a bit quieter in Phuket either Patong (lively) or Kata or Karon a little quieter

When you have decided on a budget for hotels asking for hotel recommendations within your budget in all of the individual forums will probably give you some good suggestions.

Hope that helps you.

Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confusion

i got as far as looking at flights finding hotel in Bangkok then internal flight to chang mai and hotel but its all the transports I get confused with how do get to hotel or to airport

how do u pay all the hotels when u get there or before hand?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,053 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confusion

Don't worry about the "transports" or transfers as the travel industry calls them. These do not have to be booked in advance. Wherever you go, even the most remote airport, train station or bus depot, there are always taxis, vans or tuktuks to take you to your hotel.

Some booking agencies take payment for hotels in advance and issue you a voucher. These are often the best deals. Some just make a reservation and you pay the hotel. Depends on the agency and/or the hotel.

Just book your intercontinental flights as early as possible, then domestic travel, then hotels about 2 months ahead.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confusion

First things first, when you've booked your flight's and you've decided where you want to stay you then come here and ask what's the best way to get to such and such hotel and people will tell you what is the best transport option and how much you should pay. Also for hotels there's the hotel section here that has reviews that you should read before deciding on which hotel to book if you are undecided between a few ask here and we'll tell you what we'd book. You can ask anything here and you'll get all the answers you need.

6. Re: Confusion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:21