We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help help help 26Nights

ipswich
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
help help help 26Nights

Never backpacked before so advise or ideas welcome and much appreciated!

We are a couple in our mid 20's, not looking to party and do the backpacker thing and stay in hostels and really cheap accommodation but Don't want to miss it all staying in 5* accommodation being waited on hand & foot but as long as its somewhere comfy, clean, close to the beach and local attractions with lots of places to eat around we'll be happy.

Any trips recommend whilst in the areas you can recommend?

We are travelling mid oct to mid nov, what do we need to have booked prior to travelling as I am aware nov is then high season.

Also when we are island on hopping to phi phi and koh lanta are there many ATM about?

Want to get the most out of our time and this is our plan so far.......

Bangkok - 1 night in Novotel siam square booked

Fly to krabi - aonang 4 nights possible staying at the mercure???

Krabi town 1night.....ideas on where best to stay close to ferry

Ferry ? (recommendations) to phi phi for 3nights - 1 night being my birthday so want to stay somewhere lush been looking at the outrigger?? Just after abit of luxury

Then on to Koh Lanta 2 nights (no idea what area to stay, but in a nice clean bungalow b&b)

Then to kata 3nights(budget 4000 baht per night)

Patong 5 nights (nice hotel about 3500baht-3800 per night)

Fly Chang mai 3nights ( accommodation and area to stay??)

Rtn to Bangkok for 2nights at glow pratunam hotel

Kind regards

Beth

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help help help 26Nights

November is still more like shoulder season although many hotels increase then their rates, but some places increase them even more for December when the real high season kicks in. As a result, availability is unlikely to be an issue, but it still makes sense to book in advance since nowadays many hotels openly admit that they do not provide cheap walk-in rates and advise you to book on the Internet even though you are right there in the hotel lobby. It is a good idea to check http://www.sawadee.com which is a reliable Thai booking site that often has better rates and properties that are not available on the global booking sites (obviously you should compare the prices).

Your accommodation budget looks quite lavish. Do not hesitate to look at hotels with prices 1000 baht less than your targets - you can find quite good properties in that range during the shoulder season.

You should book your domestic flights with Air Asia or Nok Air as early as possible to get the best prices.

You are doing a lot of beaches. You could consider spending two more nights in Chiang Mai and Bangkok, each.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help help help 26Nights

October can still be quite we.t Have you considered doing the reverse, ie BKK then Chiang Mai first, thereby creeping into November for better beach time.

Also agree a few more days in Chiang Mai would be good

Edited: 18 September 2013, 09:11
Wollongong...
Level Contributor
35 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help help help 26Nights

If you haven't considered koh samui or koh phanang you should maybe think about it, koh phanang has a great little village in the north east called thong nai pan noi. A great place to chill, but if you're after a night out try and plan when the full moon party is on, you can get a taxi or boat down to haad rin and return. Resorts vary in price in thing nai pan, we have stayed 4 times, the last 2 in buri rasa, unbelievable room overlooking the beach, look for the specials, you won't regret it

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help help help 26Nights

I would take a couple of night off Phuket and add them to Chiang Mai.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help help help 26Nights

Re post 3 from Baznjules, KP is a lovely place to stay and normally I would agree with you however November is monsoon season on the Gulf side of Thailand and there would be a risk of lots of rain, rough seas and water activities are usually restricted. I would be sticking to Andaman Islands at this time of year.

Strawberries you trip sounds fantastic - one thing I would mention is that you are doing lots of moving around so remember that packing/unpacking, travelling from place to place and checking in/out can eat into your holiday time. It can get quite tiring but if you are ok with it, keep your itinerary as is otherwise maybe cut out one location to give you more time to just chill.

Have a brilliant trip.

6. Re: help help help 26Nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2015, 05:15