We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

James Bond Island Tour

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
James Bond Island Tour

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a trip just to James Bond Island? I note that most of the tour packages include a full days itinerary stopping off at a number of different places but this time it is only the James Bond Island tour that interests me.

Also as I am staying in Phuket, Krabi (Ao Nang) and Phi Phi can anyone recommend which island it would be best to do the tour of James Bond island from.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,503 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: James Bond Island Tour

Although James Bond Island is the most famous (because of the film) feature in Phang Nga Bay, it is probably the most over rated and least memorable of what is one of the most awesome destinations in the world. Most people who do the popular Phang Nga Tour use the island as the turn around point unless they want to pay the extra National Park fees and join the mass tourists queueing at the tacky souvenir stalls there. Far better to go on a sea canoe through the mangroves and into the lagoons inside the karsts (huge limestone formations, not tiny ones like JB Island) and visiting Koh Panyee (the Muslim Village on stilts). However, if you only want to visit James Bone Island, as the Thais often misspell it, get a paid driver to take you to the pier just outside Phang Nga Town and book a longtail boat to the island and back from Phuket or Krabi.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: James Bond Island Tour

We went during high season and the crowds were pretty awful already seven years ago. There were lots of stalls selling all kinds of trinkets, too. The famous rock formation is also much smaller than you would think based on pictures. The cave on the beach would have been really neat if I had been ten years old and had wanted to play pirates with my buddies.

It was a quite lame experience, so we were glad that our day trip included also other activities like canoeing. I would have been disappointed if I had made the trip just to end up visiting that tourist trap and nothing else.

3. Re: James Bond Island Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:18