We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do? Family trip

Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
What to do? Family trip

We are coming from Canada on Dec 14th, our kids are 15, 13 and 8. My plan was to fly to Chang Mai for a few days and then get to Vientienne, Laos. It does seem like it will cost us quite a bit to make this trip and since we are going to Malaysia and Vietnam I would like to keep costs down.

Would you recommend somewhere closer to Bangkok that we could go to the beach, ride the elephants, relax a bit but not spend a lot of $ on flights. This is our first trip and my husband and son will do better with cleaner, quieter areas!! (I want them to keep travelling :-))

Also what to see if we stay in Bangkok for a day or two?

Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,044 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do? Family trip

December is peak tourist time in Thailand so you need to book any internal flights & hotels ASAP.

The best weather is on the Andaman coast at that time of year. Look at Koh Lak and Koh Lanta.

Its definitely worth spending a few day in Bangkok. Go to the Bangkok forum and read the FAQ's on the right.

e.g. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-c125983/Bangk…

Edited: 26 September 2013, 19:43
Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do? Family trip

If you want beach + elephants / nature Hua Hin is 160 km soth of bangkok, train, bus or taxi

3. Re: What to do? Family trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:19