We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Hotel Booking compulsory for Visa On Arrival at Bangkok

mumbai
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Is Hotel Booking compulsory for Visa On Arrival at Bangkok

Hello im visiting bangkok on 11th Oct 2013, already have my return tickets, show amount, valid passport, specified photographs, Visa On Arrivial Form duely filled. Except for a clause in visa form which says mentioned Hotel or Place where you shall be accomodated in bangkok.

I have finalized couple of hotels at Sukhumvit as it is centrally located between major shopping district and airport. So can i just mention a hotel name with its address or do i have to book a hotel from india itself & carry a hotel voucher....pls help

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,857 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Hotel Booking compulsory for Visa On Arrival at Bangkok

Hotel booking is not listed as one of the prerequisites on the Thai Foreign Ministry pages

mfa.go.th/main/…15393-Visa-on-Arrival.html

This makes perfect sense since quite a few people need the VOA when they only want to catch an onwards flight out of the country at one of the two Bangkok airports.

Also the TM.6 arrival card filled in by travelers entitled to the visa exemption asks for the address in Thailand, and I have heard that people have filled in random hotel names and later actually booked themselves into some cheap guesthouse as walk-in customers without any repercussions.

mumbai
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Hotel Booking compulsory for Visa On Arrival at Bangkok

Thanks a lot for the details regarding VOA for Bangkok. Can you also help me with a low budget hotel for 2ppl located at Sukhumvit Road. As this is my work related trip i really can't afford to spend lavishly. I shall be comfortable on spending at the most around Baht 900/- for per night. I don't want to go much beyond sukhumvit as i'm finding it as a central location to move around. Please help me with couple of hotel names so that i could check them up on net. Me & my fellow traveler both are male's so no issue even if the surrounding area is bit dicey.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,988 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Hotel Booking compulsory for Visa On Arrival at Bangkok

Look at www.sawadee.com for hotels in your budget.

4. Re: Is Hotel Booking compulsory for Visa On Arrival at Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:19