We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

21 days in Thailand what to do?

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
21 days in Thailand what to do?

Hi

Me and my gf going to Thailand on the 9th of jan and leaving on the 31st of jan.

Am not really sure how to plan as am confused where to start and finish!!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,865 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 21 days in Thailand what to do?

Hi,

Spend a few days in Bangkok and visit the Wats and the Grand Palace, head south to an island or north to Chiang Mai (or the other way around). And, if time permits a quick visit to Kanchanaburi. Do start reading the FAQ's on the top right of the pages for more info.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,321 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 21 days in Thailand what to do?

Research research research.

Do some Google research and read the FAQ's on different Thai destination forums here on TA.

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 21 days in Thailand what to do?

Thank you very much as i did not know much about Chiang Mai.

now I think I will be heading north first then continue further down for Koh Phangan then to Phuket and Phi Phi.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,110 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 21 days in Thailand what to do?

Koh Phangan will be in the tail end of monsoon and whilst the weather does improve the sea conditions can still be rough at that time of year, so maybe give it a miss and head to the west coast instead.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,150 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 21 days in Thailand what to do?

Have you booked your flights to Thailand yet??

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 21 days in Thailand what to do?

Yes I have! From the 8th of jan till the 31st.

I have a little plan am not sure if you people agree with it??

Am planing to spend first days in Bangkok and surroundings then koh phangan for 4 days including full moon party- so I will be in Phuket from the 17th till 25( including 2 night to phi phi)

So am free from the 25 till 31 which am think of flying to Chiangmai ?

I know it's to much travelling but I managed to find some cheap hotels for the period above!!

7. Re: 21 days in Thailand what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:16