We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need any woollies?

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,741 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Need any woollies?

I've been in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai in December so know what to expect weather wise on my upcoming trip. However I'm also going to Pai this visit. Is the weather much different there?

Thanks.

Trisha

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need any woollies?

Pai is noticeably cooler than Chiang Mai or even Chiang Rai. This becomes particularly evident at night. Personally Im used to cool nights, but if you can find some extra room in your luggage, take something warm to wear at night just in case.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need any woollies?

Hi

Agree with robol Pai is a lot cooler than both Chiangmai and Chiangrai ( unless in deep mountain) especially night time and early morning.

You would definitely need warms clothes long pants, jackets.

Cheers,

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,741 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need any woollies?

Thanks both, and good to know. I was in Luang Prabang last December before I got to CM and I was surprised how cool it got in the evenings!

I'll make sure I have something to wrap up in.

Trisha

4. Re: Need any woollies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:16