We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late arrival

Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Late arrival

I'm arriving in Bangkok at 10:30pm Wednesday. Will I find it hard to get a backpackers room that late? I'm guessing I won't leave the airport till midnight.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late arrival

Hi

I would suggest you book in some where ( even backpacker type place) for an night or two. Don't turn up that late and expect to find the room. After long flight you will be tried and bother. You might end up pay more then you're plan to pay.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Late arrival

We agree. Without having a booking, if you turn up late you may find that some of the more crafty places will tell you the cheaper rooms are 'full' already, and you'l have to pay the higher price for a room type you don't want. They're hedging their bets on you wanting to just check in rather than wander around with all your bags looking for a better deal. Even though in all likelihood cheaper rooms may have been available the whole time.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,545 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late arrival

It is also quite possible that the inexpensive guesthouses won't have anyone on duty that late even if they have rooms available. I stayed many times in a nice (now defunct) guesthouse where the front door was locked at 10pm and the staff departed; the guests were given key cards for the door in case they wanted to hit the nightlife.

4. Re: Late arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:17