We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Trip Next Week

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Trip Next Week

Hi, I had pre-booked tickets for travel to bangkok during Dec'13. Arrival is on 13th Dec'13 early morning @ 0330 hrs, and departure on 18th Dec'13 @ 1930 hrs, basically plan is for 6 nights.

Q1) Is it safe to travel now to Bangkok

If yes, Q2) Suggestions on how to spend these 6 days with hotels/resorts name will be highly appreciated. I am interested in Water sports including scuba diving, snorkelling, etc. and on a mid-budget

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Trip Next Week

Fly direct to West coast --Phuket or Krabi or one of the islands there. Then no issue with current unrest which is limited to Bangkok itself mostly. Another option is fly to Koh Samui and stay there and visit Koh Tao or Phangnan. Both coasts offer snorkeling and diving opportunities although, personally, I like the more scenic islands on the West coast.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Trip Next Week

The best weather in December in on the Andaman coast. Goto Phuket, Krabi and Koh Lak etc forums and read the FAQ's and do some google research.

TA if for advice not a travel agent to plan your whole holiday.

Best advice is to do lots of research and then come back with more detailed questions if needed.

3. Re: Bangkok Trip Next Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:18