We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Sunshine in June!

Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Sunshine in June!

Hi Guys,

Where am i most likely to get the highest chance of decent sinshine for 2 weeks in Thailand around June time?

My instinct tells me Koh Samui, Koh Chang & Koh Mak but id like some insider info of people who have maybe been around that time!

I was in BKK in April and most days were cloudy :-(

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Sunshine in June!

as you know june is start of mosoon here - and since thailand is not that big there are no huge differences in weather if you are talking costal islands - i hear koh chang is the wettest of all - but anecdotal - i have no data to back it up - but then there are still stretches of days when its sunny even in middle of rainy season - it just a matter of luck - i have had rain middle of Dec sometimes....i say take your chances and go if that is the only time you can get away - life is short!!!

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Sunshine in June!

I've been in June several times and never saw much or any rain. Either coast should be fine. No one can guarantee, but most showers are brief and usually in mid-late afternoon. Just go and have fun.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,577 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Sunshine in June!

June is a great time to enjoy gulf islands, Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. Good weather and not so crowded like in august.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Sunshine in June!

Hi

When come to weather in Thailand different part /regions can have different weather. In June most part northern of Thailand, west coast ( Andaman coast), east and central of Thailand you will be in the beginning of rainy season.

**In the east coast ( gulf of Thailand ) koh Samui, koh Tao and koh phangan as matti80 says you will have nice weather there. It is dry season in this side of the country. **

That said Thailand is tropicals you will have rains even in dry season as its the norm for tropicals.

Note : koh Chang, koh Mak and koh kood are in the east but these islands shares the same weather patterns as west coast. So in June its beginning of rainy season.

Cheers,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Sunshine in June!

The lesser risk would be the gulf coast, we're always in Thailand May/beginning of June and have had good weather on both coasts but the rain on the andaman coast tends to come in the afternoon whereas it's just a quick thunderstorm in the evening on the gulf coast.

6. Re: Looking for Sunshine in June!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 06:18