We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destinations

Knighton, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Destinations

Hi. All iam coming ova to Thailand soon for the 11th time and for a change I am thinking about going to hua hin for a few days then getting the train to Surat Thani is there any good stopping of places between hua hin and Surat Thani for a couple of nights before I head ova to Phuket

Malaysia
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destinations

can consider Phetchaburi and Chumpon.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destinations

Between Hua hin and Surat Thani my favorite places are to visit the amazing Kui Buri National Parks ( view elephants in the wild safari style ) , the gorgeous Prachuap Khiri Khan Town, beach areas around Ban Krut and Bang Saphan, short hop to Koh Talu, then Chumphon area.

Where you stop depends on what you are looking to see and do ?

Knighton, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Destinations

Looking for a bit of nightlife as well is Surat Thani got any nightlife

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destinations

Only local Thai style bars , these areas are nothing like Phuket or Pattaya whatsoever, they are more natural local areas

Malaysia
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Destinations

it is a small and quiet town. no Bangkok type of night life.

go to the Ferry point at evening , have some snacks at night market.

There are few pubs at the vicinity.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Destinations

Prachuap Khirin Khan and Bang Saphan, but they are laid back and quiet. Surat Thani doesn't have the sort of nightlife I think you are looking for. You will need to head to the islands for that - branch out a bit and see a more authentic side of Thailand than just tourist bars and nightclubs.

7. Re: Destinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 06:17