We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving in Bangkok at midnight Feb 3. Need a hotel...

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Arriving in Bangkok at midnight Feb 3. Need a hotel...

I'm wondering what day to book hotel accommodations for if I will be arriving at midnight or later if the flight is delayed. Do I book it for the day before with a late check in? Otherwise, I heard that the airport has 6 hour rooms. Can I just show up and book it? That would probably be the easiest since I'm not sure if we'll arrive on time or how long it will take to get our luggage, etc. I'm assuming no hotel will let me check in early. I'm also planning to fly out to Phuket early in the morning. Hopefully around 8am or so. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm also worried about the hotel at the airport being booked and us having an extremely hard time getting around the city with the election being the day before we arrive and protests going on. I think I'd be more comfortable staying at the airport rather than risking not being able to make it back for our early flight out to Phuket. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving in Bangkok at midnight Feb 3. Need a hotel...

If you are leaving early in the morning for Phuket then I would stay at the airport, the Novotel across from the airport is a good option if it's within your budget.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving in Bangkok at midnight Feb 3. Need a hotel...

Hey Jen M, you could try one of the many hotels on this list.

You'll find most have two way airport transfers in place.

I can’t see a problem. Send a couple of them an email then make a choice.

Have fun

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-c136691/Bangk…

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving in Bangkok at midnight Feb 3. Need a hotel...

We found the airport hotel the best option when we arrived late and had a flight next morning to Koh Samui. Not the cheapest option but so easy with their airport pick up and drop off. Nice hotel with great service. Breakfast starts really early to accomodate early flights. Rooms are quiet.

Booking via their website was easy and our room ready when we arrived.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,194 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving in Bangkok at midnight Feb 3. Need a hotel...

Hi,

As suggested, stay at a hotel near the airport, many of the hotels mentioned on the link in post 2 arrange transfers to/from the airport.

5. Re: Arriving in Bangkok at midnight Feb 3. Need a hotel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:18