We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling in Thailand for 11 days and going up North

Quezon City...
3 posts
Save Topic
Traveling in Thailand for 11 days and going up North

Hello everyone!

I need some ideas and help with my itineraries. I will be backpacking alone for the very first time and I do not have any ideas what to do. I am planning to stay in Bangkok for 3-4 days then go to Chiang Mai maybe stay there for another 3-4 days then go back in Bangkok. Can anyone suggest detailed things on what I should I do while I am in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. How to get from one place to another? I am on a tight budget and I will just be staying in Hostels to meet other travelers.

Thank you so much in advance! I am so excited to be traveling alone for the very first time!

Edited: 06 January 2014, 07:12
Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,640 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling in Thailand for 11 days and going up North

Hi,

You can travel between both cities by bus, rail and airplane. For what to see/do in both read the FAQ's. In Bangkok I suggest you stay on the Kao San road which is where many backpackers stay. Indeed, you are almost certain to meet other people there.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling in Thailand for 11 days and going up North

You should spend some time exploring the forums for both Chiang Mai and Bangkok, as there are lots of posts and FAQs on things to see and do in both, along with suggestions of lower cost accommodations.

Quezon City...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling in Thailand for 11 days and going up North

Thanks both for replying but there are a lot of suggestions and I do not know which one I should follow. Like most of them kept saying I should get a massage or something hahaha!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling in Thailand for 11 days and going up North

You should follow whatever suggestions appeal to you. Part of the fun of travelling alone is doing what you want to do so have fun with the planning too.

Get a massage if you want to get a massage, if you don't then don't. I'm not a believer in 'must dos' because everybody is individual although there are some things that most first time visitors to a city/country tend to want to do.

5. Re: Traveling in Thailand for 11 days and going up North

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:18