We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches in late December

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best beaches in late December

I am planning a honeymoon to Thailand over the Christmas/new years break. I know Thailand will be busy and that is something I'll have to except. However I'm extremely indecisive on which beach to go to. We want something absolutely beautiful, not super touristy, but with an awesome hotel.

Any suggestions on which beach to go to? I've heard Phuket is too crowded and Koh Samui isn't the best weather then. Should I go to the Krabi Province and if so where?

help!

Thank you!!

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches in late December

Hi

Yes you're right the time of your travel is the busiest time of the year wherever you go. That bing side some area are less crowed than the other.

Phuket is in Andaman coast and yes it is over developed over crowed ( in most area). I think Krabi( koh Lanta) and also Khao lak in Phang Nga are might suits you better. If you're decide on Khao lak you candle form Bangkok to Phuket airport take car transfers to Khao lak for approximately 70-80mins. If you're decide on krabi fly direct from Bangkok to krabi, you have a choice of split between mainland and island.

Also the islands of Trad province the like of koh Chang, koh Mak and koh kood( koh kut). These islands are easy access form Bangkok by private car transfers with ferry approximately 5 hours or by plane for 40mins with van and ferry for just over an hour. Koh Chang is beautiful less developed less crowed.

Koh Samui the weather will be hit and miss that time of year and the sea will be rough.

Hope this help

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,463 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches in late December

Khao Lak has over 25km of glorious beaches with one in particular, Pak Weeb, being the home of a few upscale resorts very popular with honeymooners such as the Sarojin, Beyond Resort Khao Lak and Le Meridien. You can see pics of all the beaches from the end of last November to date at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k70… and plenty of other information on the Khao Lak forum.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beaches in late December

Are the beaches near Krabi pretty?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beaches in late December

Koh Chang and neighbouring islands are also a very good option at that time of year

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beaches in late December

Hi the beach in Ao Nang where most of the people stay in Krabi isn't great it isn't the powdery white sand that you find in other areas but you could check out the Sheraton and Sofitel that are about a 20 minute drive away from Ao Nang and are ideal for a honeymoon.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,019 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beaches in late December

Koh Lanta might be what you are after.

7. Re: Best beaches in late December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:18