We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzie repellant

Surrey, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Mozzie repellant

Hi I'm travelling to thailand and vietnam this Saturday I was just wondering if anyone has used incognito spray as they reckon it's as strong as deet it can be bought in holland and Barrett and online, I was advised by my nurse to use at least 50% deet but tonight I found a lot of good reviews on the incognito that's natural

Hope someone maybe able to advise me

Thanks.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,601 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzie repellant

I personally never use anything with DEET in, have used Badger Balm which is a natural balm on myself, hubby and kids and never had any bites, you need to wear it both day and night though.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzie repellant

The percentage of DEET affects how long it will keep repelling mozzies for, not how potent it is as a repellent. So it's OK to go with a lower percentage: you just have to re-apply more often. 50% is pretty strong. It would probably melt sunglasses (or your clothes!) There are plenty of reasonably good smelling DEET repellants in Thai shops, and also a lot that don't contain DEEt. I'd go for one that's gentle on you and still does the job, so if Incognito does the job then by all means go for it.

The important thing is to use something; and use it from morning through to night. If you perspire a lot in that heat, then re-apply more often.

Surrey
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzie repellant

Hi thanks for your replys think il stay away from the 50% deet as iv also seen mozzies are now use to deet haha where can I buy badger balm? Also did you use it in Thailand

Thanks

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzie repellant

Hi, not everyone is the same if I don't use a repellent with deet they eat me alive so you have to try out different products to see which one suits you best.

5. Re: Mozzie repellant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 05:19