We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls suggest best I week itinerary in Thailand

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pls suggest best I week itinerary in Thailand

Hi all,

I am going to Thailand for 1 week in mid June 2014 for celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary.

I have already booked the below flights.

1)India to Bangkok and return.

2)Phuket to Bangkok( Bangkok to Krabi/Phuket is not yet booked)

Please answer the below questions please and also recommend what can be added to the itinerary.

1) I want to stay in the best beautiful beach in Thailand which is not very crowded for 2-3 days, preferably around Phuket/Krabi. Please suggest?

Is Koh Lanta the best option?

2) Coral reef snorkelling- Which is the best place to do it in June? We are not expert swimmer so not too deep water is fine.

3) I have only booked flight from Phuket to Bangkok, so is it better to book Bangkok to Krabi so that I can spend 2 days in Krabi then reach Phuket by road or boat?

How good is Krabi? Since I am definitely going to Phuket is it worth going to Krabi? Will the experience be different?

4) Is Pattaya Better than Krabi? In terms of activities & beauty? Should I go to Pattaya or any other place in my trip instead of Krabi ?

5) Which is the best way to reach Phuket from Krabi?

6) What are the best things can I do in Krabi for 2-3 days? Recommend good 2/3 star beach resort in Krabi? Tours?

7) What are the best things can I do in Phuket for 2-3 days? Recommend good 2/3 star beach resort in Phuket? Tours?

8) What are the best things can I do in Bangkok for 2 days?

9) Where can I get best Non veg food in street Bangkok?

10) How is the climate good in mid June?

Thanks

Deepak

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pls suggest best I week itinerary in Thailand

You need to do some research, on google and by reading the FAQ' on the Bangkok, Phuket and Krabi forums.

Otherwise maybe a Travel Agents.

You have also double posted.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 18:59
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pls suggest best I week itinerary in Thailand

Actually you have posted the same question about 5 times.

Do yourself and everyone a favour and delete the other 4.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,245 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pls suggest best I week itinerary in Thailand

Hi

1) I want to stay in the best beautiful beach in Thailand which is not very crowded for 2-3 days, preferably around Phuket/Krabi. Please suggest?

A] Best is a personal opinion, and you will find many lovely beaches, but they don't look their best in June, as the sea can be rougher. What is your requirement for best and you expectation of a beautiful each? Can't guarantee that any beach will not be crowded for 2-3 days as they are fairly busy most days. Has your research identified any preferences?

A] for what?

2) Coral reef snorkelling- Which is the best place to do it in June? We are not expert swimmer so not too deep water is fine.

A] There is no where on the west coast at this time of year. Much of the better snorkelling is closed during June due to unsafe sea conditions. You may find a little in Phang Nga Bay

3) I have only booked flight from Phuket to Bangkok, so is it better to book Bangkok to Krabi so that I can spend 2 days in Krabi then reach Phuket by road or boat?

A] That is really your choice.

How good is Krabi? Since I am definitely going to Phuket is it worth going to Krabi? Will the experience be different?

A] Good? What is your expectation of good? It is different.

4) Is Pattaya Better than Krabi? In terms of activities & beauty? Should I go to Pattaya or any other place in my trip instead of Krabi ?

A] Pattaya is nothing like Krabi. Pattaya is not a beautiful place, there are lots of activities - it is more a "party" place than Krabi!

A] Best? There is not many options, a long ferry or 2-3hour bus / taxi ride.

6) What are the best things can I do in Krabi for 2-3 days? Recommend good 2/3 star beach resort in Krabi? Tours?

A] Things to do on the Krabi Page tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g293915-Activi… same with hotels tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g293915-Thailand-Ho… depends on your actual budget!

7) What are the best things can I do in Phuket for 2-3 days? Recommend good 2/3 star beach resort in Phuket? Tours?

A] Things to do on the Phuket page tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g293915-Activi… and also hotels tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g293915-Thailand-Ho… and depends on your budget

8) What are the best things can I do in Bangkok for 2 days?

A] read the Things to do on the Bangkok Page tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g293915-Activi…

9) Where can I get best Non veg food in street Bangkok?

A] you will have to find that one out when you get there, its a big city.

10) How is the climate good in mid June?

A] more chance of rain and rougher seas on the west (Phuket, Krabi, Koh Lanta) and less chance of rain and rougher seas on the east (Samui, Pattaya)

It looks like you have posted the same question 5 [yes five] times, and I know how easy it is to do with a smart-phone. To remove your additional 4 duplicate posts click on Report inappropriate content on the posts you want to remove, scroll down and click on remove my post. It will then be removed. Only you or TA can remove your own duplicate posting, although anyone can do this and select duplicate post

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pls suggest best I week itinerary in Thailand

Sorry guys! when i posted this thread i got errors and thought it failed. So I was attempting it again.

I have removed the other 4 threads.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,398 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pls suggest best I week itinerary in Thailand

With only a week I wouldn't move around too much and June is also monsoon season on the Phuket side, so you can expect to see rough seas which are not so great for visibility for snorkelling. Really you should have done some research and found that Koh Tao on the east coast would have been a better choice for snorkelling at this time of year.

Pattaya is not so beautiful and scenic like Krabi, the beaches are dirty in Pattaya and it is a very built up touristy place, Krabi is definitely more low key and more beautiful.

You sound like you need a travel agent to help sort you out or at least to do some more personal research.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pls suggest best I week itinerary in Thailand

@Cassnu Thanks for the input! I got very good limited time Airasia deal so had to book without much thinking.

Suppose I expect the best and ignore the weather and want to do snorkeling close to Phuket/Krabi.

Which place and operator will be the best option? Please take into account that my wife is not good at swimming so she will have to use life jacket. So safety also need to be considered.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pls suggest best I week itinerary in Thailand

@TravellingMitch Thanks for the information!!

Please find below my response below

A] Best is a personal opinion, and you will find many lovely beaches, but they don't look their best in June, as the sea can be rougher. What is your requirement for best and you expectation of a beautiful each? Can't guarantee that any beach will not be crowded for 2-3 days as they are fairly busy most days. Has your research identified any preferences?

A] for what?

[Deepak]- Requirement- I mean beautiful beach in terms of scenary and view also i should be able to find decent accomodation/resort for 3 days stay. It will be good if i can find an operator who can take me for a 1 day good snorkelling site from this beach.

[Deepak]- Best in terms scenic view/sunset and beauty. I should be able to find decent accomodation close by. Also if I can go from there for 1 day snorkelling trip it will great.

Which are the best beaches to stay in Phuket & krabi and should not be over crowded.

A] There is no where on the west coast at this time of year. Much of the better snorkelling is closed during June due to unsafe sea conditions. You may find a little in in Phang Nga Bay

[Deepak]- This link suggest Racha Yai for day trip and suggest may- oct is best for snorkelling there. www.snorkelingthailand.com/ban-raya-daytrip/

Do you know if this information is correct?

Snorkelling in Simillian and Surian islands are not possible in june is it?

A] Good? What is your expectation of good? It is different.

[Deepak]-Can you tell how Krabi and Phuket are different in terms of beaches, scenic beauty and activites?

A] Best? There is not many options, a long ferry or 2-3hour bus / taxi ride.

How much time will ferry take? Which is better option ferry or bus? Is there any website through which i can do any online booking of the bus/ferry ?

8. Re: Pls suggest best I week itinerary in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 07:17