We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

Can somebody suggest a good beach resort (right on the beach, with sea view from rooms) near Bangkok / Pattaya. As per the geographic map, I could identify Koh Samui as nearest destination. Is there any other similar destination nearer to Bangkok?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,205 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

I don't really understand your question as you mention something "near Bangkok/Pattaya", but then go on to talk about Samui. The nearest beach destination to Bangkok would be Pattaya. Samui is much further south on the opposite side and you would need to take a flight to get there, whereas Pattaya is less than 2 hours by Bangkok in a car. Hua Hin would be another destination worth considering.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

Hi

As said Pattaya is beach town 2 hours away by car form Bangkok. Hua Hin, koh samet also close to Bangkok. Koh Samui is over one hour flight or over 10 hours by car.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,675 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

Hi,

Read up on Koh Samet which is beyond Pattaya. It is reachable by bus/minivan + short ferry crossing.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297922-d5806…

Above might be of interest in Hua Hin, slightly outside the town with a large pool on a quiet beach but still walking distance along the beach or short taxi ride to town for the evening

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

Beach resort with kids I would suggest Hua Hin, a little more to do there than Koh Samet. You don't say how many days you want. If 3 or less then Koh Samet is ok.

Koh Samui is a very arduous 10-12 hour journey by bus from Bangkok and having done it once would not recommend it.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

Depends what you are looking to see and do whether you want lazy beach time or you want more activities, there are lots of choices

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

Monica4: Thanks for reply. Am travelling with my wife along with an infant and a 5 yr old kid..so need to relax only in a good resort. Not keen for too much of activities.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

@Cassnu: Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't know about any famous beach destination "near" pattaya..! Anyways, If i consider Hua Hin..can u suggest some good beach properties providing ocean view rooms..?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

What is your budget ?

Plenty of luxury places in both Pattaya and Hua Hin , Intercontinetal in Hua Hin has great sea view rooms excellent service, but it all depends on your budget , in Pattaya the luxury Centara Grand Mirage Resort has amazing waterpark style pools swimways and great sea view rooms and lots of family facilities, the Dusit Pattaya also is very nice

Pattaya is way more busier though than Hua Hin

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
468 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vacation near bangkok in a beach resort with kids

I would say Hua Hin would be best and easiest to get to with young kids. Maybe Ko Samet would also fit the bill.