We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand 2015 :-)

Dover, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand 2015 :-)

I'm going toThailand next year for the first time next year! Looking for advice on places to stay and things to see. I know that I want to go to Chiang Mai to see the Elephants but im open to suggestions on things to see & places to go. Beaches, islands? Also, any general advice on visiting Thailand would be amazing. Wanna make it a trip of a lifetime .......

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand 2015 :-)

Hi

You have to tell is more. Time of year ? Different time different weather. How long do you have? Thailand is big country you will need travel time from place to places.

In the mean time read FAQs on the right hand side of forums page, and perhaps guide book the like of lonely planet once you know then ask away specific questions.

Dover, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand 2015 :-)

I was thinking September maybe? For 2-3 weeks

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,533 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand 2015 :-)

September then for beach time you are better heading to the east coast, Samui, Phangan and Tao. Also a must is spending time in Bangkok and Chiang Mai has a lot to do, try and be there on a weekend for Saturday and Sunday Markets (both different).

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,530 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand 2015 :-)

For the beach part of your holiday, Thailand has two main areas, the West/Andaman Coast, which includes Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi, Ko Lanta, Phi Phi and Trang and where the Wet Season runs from May to October, September "usually" being one of the wettest months. I say "usually" as no weather is "usual" these days but you need to be aware of the risk. The reward though is that accommodation rates in these areas are half or sometimes less than half of Dry (High) Season rates.

The other area is the East/Gulf of Thailand coast where the main locations of Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Hua Hin it is the end of the Dry Season so better weather with High Season prices.

As suggested by Sweetpea, some background reading will help you focus on areas that meet your interests then the members on the individual forums will help fill in the blanks.

5. Re: Thailand 2015 :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 06:18