We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island suggestions please

Level Contributor
318 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Island suggestions please

My husband and I LOVE Thailand. We've been to Phuket many times but are now looking for an island with CLEAN ocean water. We love to snorkel and eat. In a perfect world we would love a place to stay right on the water where we could snorkel. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island suggestions please

Depends on the time of year, but during February to September Koh Tao would be the best option on the east coast.

Level Contributor
318 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island suggestions please

I forgot to say we want to go in December.

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island suggestions please

Hi

In December the weather will be best on the west coast the like Krabi, Phuket, Phang Nga, Trang just to name a few. Have a look on the islands around this area.

I would also suggest to not very well known islands of Trad province koh Chang, koh Mak and koh kood. These islands are laid back less ( far less) developed nice and very clean beaches and the food are so cheap. These islands shares the same weather patterns with west coast. You can use koh Chang as your base or split your stay between these islands.

To get to koh Chang you can fly to Trad airport ( 40mins) with Bangkok airs with car transfer on to ferry all the way to your hotel in koh Chang. Or you can get bus + ferry or private car with ferry all the way to your hotel in koh Chang.

Read all the forums mentions and see which one suits you best.

Cheers,

Level Contributor
318 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island suggestions please

Thanks. That sounds very helpful.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,044 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island suggestions please

sweetpea6468, I'm wondering if we should stop telling people about the Trat islands

I plan on going back to Koh Chang & Koh Kood next December and don't want them packed out. :-)))

Suesuetonge, I would go to Trat islands if I was you but then keep it quite !!

Edited: 26 January 2014, 08:07
Level Contributor
318 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island suggestions please

Not a word..and thank you xxx

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island suggestions please

Sssshhhhh :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,044 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island suggestions please

We dont ant Russians in speedos on them islands :-)

Level Contributor
318 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Island suggestions please

?

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,044 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Island suggestions please

Suesuetonge, just a joke about Russian tourists and their love for still wearing Speedos.

Don't know your budget but this is a super hotel on Koh Kood. http://www.shantaakohkood.com/