We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with visa and money.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Help with visa and money.

Hi. I recently booked a flight to Thailand and am planning to stay there with my friend. I booked the return flight for at least 60 days after arrival. He has told me to get a 60 day visa and I can renew it again whilst out there. Was wondering where I could get a 60 day visa and also what is the best way to handle my money? Shall I keep my uk bank or does anyone know another travellers bank or something. Hear it's a lot of money to take money from a ATM. Thanks.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 19:10
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,311 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with visa and money.

Hi,

For money issues do read the link below:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand…

You can get a 60 day visa at the Thai Embassy in London.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with visa and money.

Travellers cheques or cash passport, plus a credit card for emergencies.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,776 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with visa and money.

60 day Visitor''s passport also available from Royal Thai Consulate in Hull or Liverpool by post or by personal appointment.

Travellers Cheques are a cheap and safe option with good rate of exchange. Only take American Express Sterling TCs and change them at any bank or bank exchange kiosk. You will need to take your passport with you to do so and it is a good idea to carry a copy of your passport with you showing the visa stamp at all times.

Edited: 27 January 2014, 04:59
4. Re: Help with visa and money.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:17