We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have 2 days Bangkok or Pattaya?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Have 2 days Bangkok or Pattaya?

Hi,

We are travelling in mid Feb on our honeymoon and will be staying in Bangkok for 2 day and then heading to Koh Samui for 4 days. We were going to fly out from Bangkok after that but due to some reasons we now will be staying 2 extra days. So would you think it would be better to stay in Bangkok and explore it more (since we will be staying only for 2 days in the 1st leg) or go do Pattaya for 2 days?

We have our flight out of Thailand from Bangkok at 10 am. Will getting back from Pattaya be too inconvenient then?

We both are in our mid 20s.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,398 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have 2 days Bangkok or Pattaya?

I'd add an extra day to Samui if you can and another day in Bangkok, plenty to keep you occupied without adding a further destination into your limited time frame.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have 2 days Bangkok or Pattaya?

Hi, I would do what Cassnu suggests as you'll need another day in Bangkok and 4 days isn't much in Koh Samui if you consider how far it is from Bangkok so add a day to each place.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have 2 days Bangkok or Pattaya?

Hi, My tickets for getting back to Bangkok from Samui are already done and will be reaching Bangkok on that day anyway. But now I need to choose between staying in Bangkok for the last 2 days or head to Pattaya. Visiting Thailand for the first time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have 2 days Bangkok or Pattaya?

I would add the extra days to Bangkok. But thats a personal choice, you need to do some research on Bangkok and Pattaya and see what suits you.

Go to the Bangkok and Pattaya forums and read the FAQ's on the right.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have 2 days Bangkok or Pattaya?

Pattaya on honeymoon not recommended, you will be already seeing enough water in Samui. Most Indians go crazy in Bangkok shopping, so suggest to choose hotel in Pratunam area, here you will also get enough option of Indian food too. See at-least Grand Palace on any one morning.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have 2 days Bangkok or Pattaya?

Thanks a lot! Will stick with Bangkok then.

7. Re: Have 2 days Bangkok or Pattaya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:18