We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in Hua Hin

sittingbourne
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Holiday in Hua Hin

We have a holiday booked at the end of March, we are staying at the Anantara in Hua Hin. We have been advised that we may have to change our holiday destination due to the troubles out there. This would have been our 7th time to Hua Hin, can anyone recommend somewhere similar in Thailand that we would still be able to travel to, ie not having to go into Bangkok.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in Hua Hin

"We have been advised that we may have to change our holiday destination due to the troubles out there" - who said that ?

sittingbourne
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in Hua Hin

Hayes and jarvis.

lancashire
Level Contributor
204 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday in Hua Hin

I am puzzled as to why they say you may have to change destination March is a month away and Hua hin is as you know over 2 hours drive from bkk ..surely if they advise you that you may have to change destination they could advise on a suitable alternative ..I myself have a nephew who booked with heyes n jarvis and he flew to Thailand today no such warning was given to him..lets hope all ok and I m sure you'll have a lovely time come March

sittingbourne
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday in Hua Hin

Hopefully they are just over reacting and we will still be able to go, the agent said to have in mind a couple of alternatives just in case. They were also going on about not being covered with our insurance, I will look into that one tomorrow.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday in Hua Hin

Hi, the problem is only in Bangkok, Hua hin won't be a problem so as long as you are just changing planes there your insurance cover shouldn't be affected but only they can give you this info so contact them.

6. Re: Holiday in Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:17