We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you share the itinerary you followed in Thailand?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Can you share the itinerary you followed in Thailand?

Hello! I'm planning my honeymoon to Thailand for November 2014. My fiance and I have done a moderate amount of traveling but neither of us have been to Asia. We are hoping to spend 14 days in Thailand and one of the reasons we chose the country is because the US dollar will go a long way there. Flights are expensive (from San Diego) so we are managing a small budget for the rest of our trip.

We love the outdoors and are looking for a bit of adventure in addition to soaking in the culture and beautiful scenery. We will probably skip the crowded touristy spots like Phuket. I read some other posts where Bankok - Chang Mai - Koh Samui were recommended for a 2 week timeframe. I'm REALLY interested in hearing from someone who has around the country in the recent past and can share their itinerary (including hotels, costs if possible, methods of transportation, etc). If there is anything you did that you would recommend skipping, that would be helpful too.

Much appreciated!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,090 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you share the itinerary you followed in Thailand?

Hi,

Last time we spent two weeks in Thailand a couple nights were taken up in Bangkok before taking a train to Prachuap Khiri Khan for a few days and then up to Kanchanaburi. In Bangkok we stayed at the Honey Hotel on Sukhumvit. In Prachuap Khiri Khan we spent several nights at the Sunbeach Guest House and in Kanchanaburi the Thai Garden Inn. All of the above places go for about 1,000 baht a night for two persons. Travel by rail to Prachuap costs about 400 baht person while the journey north cost about 50 baht on an ordinary train + 70 baht for the final part of the journey by bus to Kanchanaburi. The return journey to Bangkok by bus is 110 baht.

Prachuap Khiri Khan is a sleepy little seaside town south of the better known Hua Hin. Near town is a lovely beach with shallow waters. Kanchanaburi province is known for its natural beauty, it has seven national parks and a number of waterfalls. There are also several WW 2 historical sites well worth visiting, especially the Hellfire Pass.

Of course, this is only one of several options but it does take you off the beaten track for the most part.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you share the itinerary you followed in Thailand?

Thank you so much, this is really helpful!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,090 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you share the itinerary you followed in Thailand?

Hi again,

Sangkhlaburi, in the north of Kanchanaburi province may interest you:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Sangkhlaburi

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you share the itinerary you followed in Thailand?

Have a look back though old posts or search for those with 'JBR' in the title. Some people post very detailed trip reports when they return home. You could use this to get an idea of what people do, where they stay and look up hotels on booking sites to get prices.

5. Re: Can you share the itinerary you followed in Thailand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 07:17