We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks in Thailand in mid to late March

New York City
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
2 Weeks in Thailand in mid to late March

This is obviously a little late, but my wife and I were thinking of going to Thailand for 2 weeks in mid to late March. We are in our early-mid 30s. For a 2 week trip we assumed we would go to Chiang Mai, but it seems this is not the time to visit due to the pollution. We are now a bit concerned about what our itinerary would look like. We want to go to the beach of course, but are from NY and would not like to spend an entire 2 weeks at the beach (if so we would just go to the Carribbean). We were thinking of going to Angkor Wat but thought it might be very, very hot and unpleasant at this time of year.

Does anyone have any suggestions for 2 week itineraries during this period? Are my concerns about Chaing Mai and/or Angkor Wat unfounded?

Edited: 12 February 2014, 17:05
perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks in Thailand in mid to late March

Hi

Chiangmai pollution vary from year to year i wouldn't worry too much especially towards end of March. With two weeks Bangkok is a must, from Bangkok fly to Chaingmai spend time in Chiangamai then fly down to either koh Samui in the ( east coast/gulf of Thailand) direct to the island by Bangkok airs or fly to krabi in west coast/Andaman coast.

Or If you want to give chiangami a miss then perhaps do Bangkok - kanchanburi - koh smaui or krabi. Kanchanaburi you have both adventure and history of WWII eg. River Kwai, death rail, war museum, hell fire

, water fall etc. you can stay in river side resorts or in the river house boat.

Hope this help

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Weeks in Thailand in mid to late March

Hi, with only 2 weeks I would give Cambodia a miss especially if you want to include some beach time, I would spend a few days in Bangkok and Chiang Mai then head down to Koh Samui.

The crop burning in Chiang Mai is usually at the end of February, beginning of March so the air pollution shouldn't be that bad at the end of March.

3. Re: 2 Weeks in Thailand in mid to late March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:21