We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand itinerary

portsmouth
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand itinerary

Hi!

After catching the travelling bug last year, I'm now planning my second adventure! :)

I'm wanting to do Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand within 2½-3 weeks. I'd like to do some diving along the way but apart from that, it's a blank canvas.

*any suggestions of must sees?

*what type of budget am I looking at excluding flights? I'm planning on staying at hostels

Many thanks!

Sam

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand itinerary

This is far too broad a question to be answered. You need to grab a good guide book like Lonely Planet or Rough Guide and start reading and see where takes your fancy. Once you narrow it down a bit you can start asking questions. Budget questions are always very hard to answer as we don't know what sort of traveller you are, what sort of places you like to stay in, if you like to party, do tours etc.

Singapore is the most expensive place you will visit, a few days there is all that is necessary. Malaysia is the next most expensive and there are so many places to visit, KL, Penang, Genting Highlands, Malacca, Langkawi, Rendang, Tioman, Perhentians. Thailand you could spend all your 2 1/2- 3 weeks there and not see it all, I'm still finding new places after almost 20 years!

portsmouth
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand itinerary

Thank you for answering though!

I've started doing some planning for Singapore and Malaysia.

I think just a few days in Singapore then up to kuala lumper. I've then got Cameron highlands and perhentian Islands on the agenda.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand itinerary

Sounds good. We got married on the Perhentiana Islands - stunning.

I actually meant Cameron Highlands not Genting - ha ha.

4. Re: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:18