We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand

I am Thailand for two weeks in April. I start with Phuket for 3 days and end in Koh Samui/Koh Phangan for the last 3 days. I will go to Bangkok for 2 days in the middle of the trip. I am not sure where to go for the rest of the days.

Is there any much attractions in Phuket enough for 2 days apart from games & water activities? I am looking for something with a nightlife.

Where else is recommended to go in Thailand apart from Phuket, Bangkok & Koh Samui/Koh Phangan that will be enough for 2 days again?

Thanks in advance

Ron

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,871 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand

Hi,

Spend more time on the islands you mention. Alternatively, you could visit an inland destination such as Chiang Mai or Kanchanaburi.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

What could we do in the islands I mentioned?

Chiang Mai is too further up so I am go to leave that,

What is in Kanchanaburi?

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,871 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand

Hi,

Of the islands you mention I have spent more time on Koh Phangan, just relaxing on the beach and going on easy hikes. I would stay in the Phuket or Koh Samui/Koh Phangan area since travelling between the two will cost you time. Kanchanaburi is known for its natural beauty (national parks/waterfalls) and WW 2 history.

Phuket and Koh Samui are better options for nightlife.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 22:29
London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand

Hi

So this is a draft plan that I have.

3.5 days in Phuket

1 day in Patong

3 days in Bangkok

2 days in Pattaya

2.5 days in Koh Samui

Do you think they are reasonable?

Thanks

Ron

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand

I would scrap Pattaya...

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thailand

Hi

I think you're moving too much. You will be those that been everywhere but haven't seen anything. Don't forget you will loses time for transit from place to places. Koh Samui is in the opposite side of Phuke.

I would suggest pick one cost either west coast ( Phuket, krabi ) or east coast ( koh Samui). Also sceap Pattaya and spend more days on the islands instead.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thailand

Hi

I have to go to Phuket as I have to go for a wedding and also Koh Samui as we are going for the full moon party. May be I can skip Patong and spend an extra day Pattaya or Koh Samui?

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thailand

avoid Pattaya all together, dont spend longer there!!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thailand

The full moon party is on Koh Phangan which you reach by ferry.

You are doing a lot though.

You say 1 day patong and 3.5 days Phuket, patong is on Phuket, the busiest liveliest resort area.

No idea why people are telling you to scrap Pattaya, if you want nightlife in a city at the coast close to Bangkok then why not ! If you are into troical beaches then no, but otherwise as said.

So you can do Phuket, then across to Samui / Phangan then up to Bangkok and then ad the days in Pattaya if you wish. Do note many accommodations on Koh Phangan require a minimum nuber of nights stay, some stay on Koh Samui and just ferry over for the Full Moon Party, that is up to you if yo really wan to go, read up and then make your own choice.

You can budget flight from Bangkok to Phuket, road+ferry to Koh Samui ( flights available but pricey ).

From there you can eaither take a pricey flight to bangkok or use the fery+flight options via mainland airports offered by Nok Air and Air Asia.

Between Bangkok and Pattaya it is just a cheap bus trip and if you head home from Pattaya then again just a bus ride direct to airport from Pattaya, cheap and easy.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 16:09
stockport
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Thailand

phuket then go to koh samui,then flight to pattaya then end your trip in bangkok

why go from phuket to bangkok then back to samui?

you are doing to much travelling in 2 weeks