We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls tell me not to worry!

Surrey
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Pls tell me not to worry!

I wanted to book Koh Samui in July as I know it is a good time for weather...but instead my wife booked Yao Noi instead. Not such good weather! Somebody please tell me I am likely to see a decent amount of sun :-(

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,412 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pls tell me not to worry!

She should have booked Koh Samui as Koh Yao Noi is in the middle of monsoon season, it may not rain every day but it will rain at some time (which could happen in Samui too), but more importantly sea conditions can be pretty rough and stop you from swimming or doing any day tours. Good luck.

Surrey
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pls tell me not to worry!

I don't mind some rain every day - I am just worried about 4+ hours of rain every day! I know nobody can ever predict the weather ahead of time on holiday but I am worried about being stuck indoors for 2 weeks in the rain. I could stay in the UK for that! And the choppy sea worries me as I wanted to do some diving and the kids love swimming in the sea.

I am even more worried now than I was before...

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pls tell me not to worry!

You should divorce your wife and go to koh samui!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,412 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pls tell me not to worry!

It is unlikely to rain for 4 hours, usually it will be short, heavy downpours , can you cancel and change?

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pls tell me not to worry!

Hi

as you asked

why worry be happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFDa9efCQU

Surrey
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pls tell me not to worry!

In every life we have some trouble

But when we worry we make it double.

Good point well made Sawdeeka.

Cassnu I am looking at the possibility to change but a two room villa at a 5* resort in Samui is looking really pricey.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pls tell me not to worry!

It is the rainy season so rain and rough seas are to be expected, you may be lucky, who knows, but if it's booked then it's booked. Koh Samui is popular that time of year also for the reason of better weather

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pls tell me not to worry!

2 options, change your holiday as is easier and most sensible option, if not divorce the wife is good advice!!!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,412 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pls tell me not to worry!

The reason you are getting cheap prices on Koh Yao Noi is because you are getting Green Season prices, which are a lot cheaper than high season prices that will be quoted in Samui. Consider Koh Phangan instead of Samui - if you were to looking for a less touristy place like KYN then Samui will be too full on and Koh Phangan might suit better and is generally cheaper and only 1/2 hour from Samui by ferry. Look at Santhiya on Thong Nai Pan Beach or the Anantara:

agoda.com/en-au/…

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Pls tell me not to worry!

Hi -- I am looking to book a holiday with Luxury holidays direct. I have seen a post where you mention that you booked a holiday with luxury holidays direct. The forum was closed down by tripadvisor. Did you have a good experience with them?