We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help constructing our itinerary for our first visit

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help constructing our itinerary for our first visit

Hi Trip Advisor people :)

My husband and I are heading to Thailand for our Honeymoon in June and have listed places we want to go but I think we're trying to do too much.

With 10 days, I wish it was 3 weeks!

So I'll name the places,if you could give me some recommendations (absolutely open to you saying "you can't really go here, if you want to go here" or "X is pretty much like Y that you've chosen too, so why don't you go X as it works better" and so forth).

So:

Bangkok (I want to spend some quality time here)

Ayuthaya

Khao Yai National Park

Phetchaburi

Hua Hin

Ko Samiu

Phuket

Ko Phi Phi

Open to travel ideas (bus, ferry etc), as long as it makes the best of our time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help constructing our itinerary for our first visit

Honestly, 3-4 nights is enough in Bangkok. There are some good temples and tours to do there- Floating Market, Tiger Temple (Whole day trip)

As well as MBK shopping complex which is fantastic.

Nightlife is also good if you are quite open minded.

Phuket is great, lovely beaches. Stay in Patong for great shopping, day tours and nightlife or stay in one of the surrounding areas if you'd like something more quiet.

I personally didn't feel like it was worth staying on Phi Phi island, i did two nights there but I much more enjoyed the day trip that I did a previous year while I was staying in Patong, also if you only have 10 days you are probably better off doing that.

I haven't been to Koh Samui, I am going this year and I am staying in Lamai which is meant to be a bit more chilled out than Chewang as I have done the ''party'' thing in Thailand the last two years in a row.

2. Re: Help constructing our itinerary for our first visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 02:35
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,165 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help constructing our itinerary for our first visit

In my opinion you are absolutely trying to do too much. It is like ticking the boxes to say you've been somewhere but not getting any time at all to see and experience each location.

With 10 days I would only go to 3 locations maximum. Don't forget that you will be packing up and checking out of a hotel, travelling to the next destination and then checking in and unpacking - constantly.

If you are looking at bus/ferry type transport from place to place you will be spending most of your holiday travelling.

I don't want to be a negative nelly but if you are wanting a great holiday and spending well earned money on it, you want to have a good time and see and do things at each location.

For beach time, I would pick one side - either Gulf (Samui, Phangan, Tao) or Andaman (Phuket, Phi Phi) but not both. Unless you are flying (expensive) it will take the best part of a day to get between Samui and Phuket.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help constructing our itinerary for our first visit

Hi

With 10 days I would only pick 3 destinations as Allie says. Don't forget you will loose time for transit from one destinations to the next. unless you're flying but many of your wish listed areas you can't fly in except by bus or train.

I would pick

Bangkok - Ayutthaya - Khao Yai national park and Hua Hin. These will give you very goo balance or beach, natures, cultures and history. Go by car, train or private car transfers.

Or Bangkok - Ayuthaya - Phuket, koh phi phi. Fly to Phuket or krabi.

Or Bangkok - Ayuthaya - koh Samui and surrounding islands. Fly to koh Samui direct or fly to mainland with ferry or island.

Hope this help.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help constructing our itinerary for our first visit

Hi thanks - not a negative nelly, just telling like it is. I figured we would either do Phuket OR koh samui. Just a question of which :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help constructing our itinerary for our first visit

If June weather wise head to koh Samui and its neighboring islands ( koh Tao and koh phangan ) instead as its begging of dry season. In west coast ( krabi, Phuket ) June is beginning of rainy season.

7. Re: Help constructing our itinerary for our first visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 04:50