We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon 2014

Leeds, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon 2014

Hello,

Me and my husband to be will be celebrating our honeymoon in Thailand this year. We are flying out from Manchester to Bangkok on Boxing Day and return January 16th

We plan to stay 2 nights in Bangkok and would also like to visit, Chang Mai, Krabi, Phi Phi, Phuket Koh Samui and also NYE on Koh Phangan. Can you help us plan our Itinerary? Any recommendations of places to visit, things to do while we are there?

Thanks xxxxx

Best Seller
Phi Phi Island Adventure Day Trip by...
58 reviews
from US$90.20*
Best Seller
Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and...
1,119 reviews
from US$72.50*
Sea Cave Kayaking at Phang Nga Bay
58 reviews
from US$127.30*
Best Seller
Elephant's Heaven: Half-Day Elephant...
68 reviews
from US$48.30*
Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon 2014

Haiii ...

I have done the same few months back;

Bangkok 2-3 nights - Do more research about day trip to KanchanaBuri. Hope someone else can give u more ideas about what to do in BKK.

Chiang Mai 4N - Check out Chokcha Tour, day trip to Chiang Rai & the Golden Tringle, tamples, night/weekend markets, night safari, and etc.

Phuket 4N - rent a tuktuk/taxi for day tour aroubd the island. Get sea tour to Phan Nga bay.Day tour to the islands & beaches on the way to PhiPhi and get dropped there.

PhiPhi island 2N - you can do sea tour to near by islands. Exploer the small phiphi island by walking around. Watch the fire shows at night.

Krabi 4N - i would recommend you Koh Lanta & the surronded islands. Do the 4islands tour include the Emerlad cave.

Koh Samui 3N/4N - many activities here. Read my fourms in replying other tourists today.

Koh PhaNgan - Spen ur last few nights as you wanted to.

Have a nice holiday :))

Leeds, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon 2014

Thanks for the reply, we do really want to attend a full moon party on Koh Phangan so ideally want to work our trip around that. And would like to stay in one of the paradise like Islands a little longer that anywhere else maybe 6/7 nights. Any helpful tips suggestions would be great! Thanks xx

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon 2014

The East (Gulf) Coast will be in its rainy season in January. So I would not spend to long at Koh Samui or Koh Phangan.

Look at koh Lanta and Khoa Lak for you 6/7 nights.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon 2014

Hi

If you want to be in koh hangman for fullmoon party and NYE party. From Bangkok go up to Chaingmai - fly direct to koh Samui with Bangkok airways ( only one fly direct this route ) or Thai via Bangkok, or fly from Chaingmai via Bangkok to mainland with bus and ferry to koh Samui or koh phangan. If you fly direct to koh Samui you can transfers to koh phangan or use koh Samui as you base. Most hotel in koh phagnan during NYE/ full moon imposing 5-7 nights minimum stay.

From koh Samui you can fly with Bangkok airs ( only one fly this route) to krabi - ferry to koh phi phi - ferry to Phuket and day back to Bangkok from Phuket airport. This way you don't backtracking yourself.

Leeds, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon 2014

Thanks for the reply, we wouldn't want to stay on Koch pangang for that length of time. What alternatives could anyone offer for a memorable NYE?

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon 2014

If you don't want to stay that length of time in koh phangan, your best options is stay in koh Samui. There are plenty of boats and ferry operates daily and extra at tonight during full moon and NYE party season.

Most people go to full moon /NYE party in late afternoon or early evening returns late at night or next morning.

Leeds, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon 2014

Other than the full moon party what other New Year's Eve events will be going on? Are ther beach party's all over and lively places as we would maybe consider going the other way and maybe in Phuket for NYE. Or any onther suggestions for New Year's Eve?? Cheers.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon 2014

I have never been to NYE party in Phuket ( Patong beach) but I have heard is very big. We went to koh Samui for Xmas and new year period almost very year. I have to say the NYE party in koh Samui ( both on beach and on the street, night clubs and bars) one of the best.

Leeds, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon 2014

So the night on samui is good? Seems like it will be a lot of hassle to get to samui then to get to full moon and back? Don't really want to be rushing around and would rather be settled in one area.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon 2014

To be honest NYE in koh Samui is better than the one in koh phangan but minus drunk younger crowds with no limits of drugs, alcohol and music until 7-8 am next day.

And besides that as you said it is hassle to get there and back. As its York honeymoon I would stay put in koh Samui.