We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

would I like koh tao?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
would I like koh tao?

Just got back from 3 weeks in thailand and I am already thinking about my next trip

This time I wanna spend most of the time in chaing mai chaing rai and pai but I need at least one beach destination

This is what I thought of the places ive been:

Railay: Absolutely beautiful but full of european families aka too touristy

Koh phi phi: way too crowded and party centric, I didnt fly around the world just to party if I wanted that I would have just gone to mexico

Koh lanta: nice, chill, authentic vibe, maybe a tiiiny bit too quiet I think I will like it more when im older (im only 24!)

Koh phagan: I found it alot more chill than phi phi even though I was there during fmp...it was probably my favorite island

Pretty much I want a chill, backpacker vibe, where it is possible to seek out a party but not shoved in your face

Also im not really interested in diving

Based on what I thought of the other islands is koh tao for me?

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,577 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: would I like koh tao?

Yes, I think so.

KT is a very chill island, nice vibe. More relaxed than Koh Phangan or Koh Samui, however every evening you can enjoy music and fireshow in the different bars. There are special events and parties held every month, live music, or theme nights.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: would I like koh tao?

What time of year as this will influence our answers?

3. Re: would I like koh tao?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 06:16