We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchanging Canadian currency to Baht

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
exchanging Canadian currency to Baht

Hi all,

I've read the FAQ at the right on currency exchange, but still have a question. It states FOREX will exchange all major currencies - is Canadian currency considered major? (Probably a silly question, but I don't want to be stuck with all this cash and unable to exchange it)

Also what do you prefer for money - exchanging cash or using credit cards at ATMs. What do you find works best?

Thanks everyone!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,048 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchanging Canadian currency to Baht

Should be OK:

I take a mix of cash and ATM's whenever I travel, just my preference. I would also take T/C's if they were available in this part of the world. Do also read the FAQ's 'Currency Exchange & ATM's' at the top right hand side of this page.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,175 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exchanging Canadian currency to Baht

Ask for brand new crisp plastic money, preferably big notes, at the bank before you leave.

3. Re: exchanging Canadian currency to Baht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question