We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Railay beach

Belfast, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Railay beach

Hi,

I am new to this, so forgive my stupidness.

I really need some advice, I am travelling to Thailand 1st October and my friend and I have never been.

Our plan so far is Phuket - Chiang Mai - Bangkok - Krabi

The question I am asking is when we reach Krabi what do we do? As i have been researching terries and found they won't travel in October. We have booked our flights for Krabi and we planned on staying Railay bay - Koh Lanta - PhiPhi - Phuket to fly home.

Has anyone any suggestions on what we can do as we need to take out Koh Lanta from this as ferries won't travel, and for Railay bay they might not travel as high seas.

Thanks

Ash

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,040 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Railay beach

Firstly, be aware that October is the wettest month throughout Thailand and is still monsoon season on the west coast, it won't rain all the time, but sea conditions can be rough and some tours do get cancelled. Ferries do run in October and sea conditions have to be really bad for them to be cancelled. Railay Beach is only 15 minutes from Ao Nang by long tail boat and again, boats only won't go if seas are really bad. Possibly give Koh Lanta a miss (it will be really quiet anyway) for this trip.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Railay beach

Hi, I think if you haven't booked you need to rethink your itinerary, I would also give Koh Lanta a miss and if you want to go to Krabi, stay in Ao Nang instead of Railay.

Belfast, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Railay beach

Hi Cassnu, thank you for your response.

I was thinking ao nang then railay then phi phi instead. Is it worth leaving accommodation to book until we are there incase we do get held up for the boats?

Belfast, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Railay beach

Hi Chrella thank you for your response.

Ao nang 2 nights railay 2 nights and phi phi 3 nights? Do you think that will be ok? Why are you saying to give railay a miss? Will it be hard to get too?

5. Re: Railay beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:17