We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel advice for Thailand

Exeter, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travel advice for Thailand

I am 22 and my friend is 19 we are both planning on going traveling rather soon Ive been searching the web for ages on best places to visit, cheapest safest places to stay, its both our first time traveling and were wanting to go onto Australia after staying in Thailand for 30 days we are planning on flying into Bangkok from England as it seems that's where is best advised to go, I'm wandering if its easy to book flights from Thailand to Australia whilst in Thailand or would it be advised to pre book them before hand? also any advise on where to travel in Thailand would be much appreciated :D beaches and cultural small villages preferred for first arrival then will brave the cities.. thanks :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel advice for Thailand

Hi

As far as to my knowledge you will need onwards flight out of Thailand before you're arrive in Thailand.

Thailand is a big country I think you best read FAQs and perhaps get guide book and see which areas /regions suits you best.

When is soon? Different time, different regions differrent weather !!!

Exeter, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: travel advice for Thailand

Thank you, that's a great help :) were planning on the beginning of July if all goes well, thank you for taking the time to reply much appreciated

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel advice for Thailand

If July then for beach head to east coast /gulf of Thailand the like of koh Tao, koh Samui and koh phangan. These islands are in dry season. You will have calm sea and nice weather.

For 30 days I would recommend do Bangkok ( must visit) and surrounding the like of kanchanburi ( history of WWII, bridge of rvier Kwai, death rails, hell fires wars museum ect) , Ayuthaya( history, ruins, cultures ) - northern of Thailand ( Chiangmai /Chaingrai for histories, cultures, markets, temples and adventures ) and then east /gulf of Thailand for beach.

Thailand is easy to travel by bus, train or planes ( full and low cost airlines ).

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,620 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel advice for Thailand

I'm with Sweetpea, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and then head to the beaches on the East (Gulf) coast.

Without an exit ticket from Thailand some time during your 30 day visa waiver period you can be refused boarding on your flight from London.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,776 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel advice for Thailand

You should investigate the cost of a multi-trip ticket Scheduled Airline UK -> Bangkok, stop over for upto 30 days, Scheduled Airline -> Australia , Schedule Airline -> UK possibly with stop over in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur or Hong Kong on the way home.

Compare that with cost of Scheduled Airline UK -> Bangkok, then AirAsia -> Kuala Lumpur, AirAsia -> Australia, AirAsia -> KL, Scheduled Airline -> UK.

Either way (or other alternatives) better to have your flights booked from the UK. The nearer to departure you get the more expensive it is.

It would be worth a trip or a call to Trailfinders or STA Travel to get some advice and prices.

6. Re: travel advice for Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:16