We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pattaya or Koh Samui

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Pattaya or Koh Samui

Hi, I am a first time traveller. I will be staying in Bangkok. I am confused whether to go to Pattaya Beach or Ko Samui. Any suggestions plz. I am interested in snorkelling and parasailing mainly. Will i get to do both in both places?

Super Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga
Scuba & Snorkeling, Yoga & Pilates
Phuket Sail Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pattaya or Koh Samui

Hi, Pattaya is much nearer and you can get there easily from Bangkok but the water clarity and beaches aren't nearly as nice as koh Samui but it depends if you want to travel further south or not.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pattaya or Koh Samui

Also you don't say how long you have for the trip and when you're planing on going, it's important to know because of the weather.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pattaya or Koh Samui

You need to give the time of year and number of days.

Pattaya is very popular with Indians visiting Thailand.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pattaya or Koh Samui

I have plans for 13-15th April (2 nights), But also i want to know 2 nights and 1 half day are enough or should i book it for 3 nights 4 days. I want to see Alcazar show, Nong Nooch Garden, and Floating market in pattaya. Also 1 Day coral island and Pattaya beach. Plz suggest.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pattaya or Koh Samui

So you are there for Songran. Expect to get very wet, you also need to book your hotel and any internal travel asap.

Seems like you have already decided on Pattaya so why you asking about Koh Samui ???

Of course 4 days would be much better.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pattaya or Koh Samui

Thanks for your reply. I have planned these activities for pattaya. but just in case if i am missing somethimg much i can change my travel to samui. I am also prefering pattaya as travel is easy and i can enjoy more. Thanks. So its not much diff between pattaya and samui if i consider travelling and activities which ill be doing in pattaya.

Also i want to know that i have heard that in songkran only bkk have water festival. Pattaya have some different dates. Still ill be wet ?? Is shopping and night life also open as usual in these days??

Is there snorkelling in Pattaya or coral island. price? whom to contact?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pattaya or Koh Samui

Any other activity other than these. Plz suggest if i am missing something. Will i get sae water sports in pattaya as in coral island?

Edited: 04 April 2014, 10:48
London, United...
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pattaya or Koh Samui

Yes, forgot Pattaya has a different date. Pattaya will celebrate on the 19th.

Koh Samui is too far from Pattaya for the time you have.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pattaya or Koh Samui

Hi

Just to clarify the new year/Songkran is on the 13th and is the mainday. However Pattaya or chounburi Provicne combine them with their festival ( Lai nam ) with Songkran that's why its last time 19th.

You will expect to get wet from the 12th. This is from our own experience.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pattaya or Koh Samui

No, I am not planning from Pattaya to Samui, Either Pattaya or Samui, but finally i have decided that i will go only Pattaya. Is shopping and night life also open as usual in these days?? Is there snorkelling in Pattaya or coral island. price? whom to contact?

Also i want to know how much time does it take to go for Nong Nooch Tropical Garden? I dont want travel time but time it takes approx....