We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

Hi,

We are going to Thailand for our honeymoon end of May to June and our trip length is 12 days. We would like to visit spend our days between 3 different cities. We are flying to/from Bangkok. For those of you that have been to Thailand specifically for a honeymoon trip. Can you please recommend the cities you would visit. Perhaps provide an itinerary for trips inside Thailand.

We love eating at nice restaurants/food spots, outdoor activities, beaches, etc.

Also please advise more or less the weather condition during our stay period.

We are open to any suggestions you may have for us.

Thank you for taking the time to assist us!

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,152 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

Hi,

I would suggest 3 days in Bangkok, 3/4 days in Chiang mai and the rest at a beach destination.

May/June, I would look to the East (Gulf) coast for my beach destination. Look at Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.

You need to research these destinations to see if they suit you. You can start by going to each destinations forum and reading the FAQ's on the right.

Note FAQ's don't show on the mobile app.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 22:06
Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
148 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

Definitely start booking hotels, flights to chiang Mai or islands. I'm going in July and I started booking first week of march. When I looked again at hotels 2 weeks later, most top 10 hotels/BB's on TA were booked

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

If you stick to th Gulf coast the weather will be good so divide your time between Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Koh Samui, monsoon season is just staring on the andaman coast so would be more of a weather risk.

Qatif
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

Good day,

I would like to recommend for you the below cities to spend in your honeymoon :

1- Bangkok

2-Chiangmai

3-Phuket

4-Pattaya

The best city of course for shopping is Bangkok

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

I'd say

- Go to Chiang Mai first, spend 3 days there. Visit temples, ride elephant, go up to the mountain, try Thai massage. Weather can be hot during May - June unless it rains.

- Then fly to Samui, spend time in Samui and take day trip to Pha Ngan, Ang Thong islands and Koh Tao. Spend 4 days here.

- Spend the last 3-4 days in Bangkok. Do the Chao Phraya river cruise, visit grand palace, and shopping.

Try to make Bangkok the last destination so it gives you freedom to buy stuffs. I hope this helps.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

Book your own private villa for few days on Ko Samui? It costs less than you may think.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,152 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

Whatever you do don't take Taha_1988 advice in post #4 and go to Pattaya for your honeymoon.

Edited: 06 April 2014, 12:54
Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

Choose Krabi rather than Phuket, it's much prettier and a lot less developed, so beautiful landscapes and still lots to do. The most popular area is Ao nang, that's where you'll find a nice beach, lots of market stalls and longtail boats to the surrounding islands. The boats and excursions are not cheap, but they are similar prices to Phuket, so given the choice, definitely Krabi. You can also go to Koh Lanta from Krabi - it has lots of nice hotels along the west coast beaches - really pretty and very quiet. We're currently staying at Twin Lotus resort on Koh Lanta - the walk-in price is 62€ a night including breakfast for a superior room, the rooms are lovely and modern, there are two pools - one is infinity, and a really nice restaurant, and it's nice and clean, a real must for me.

Whatever you choose, have a lovely time. :)

Edited: 07 April 2014, 04:52
9. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 07:35
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Thailand for 12 days

I agree that Pattaya is an awful place for anything, let alone a honeymoon. You're best off on the Gulf coast for sure at that time of year, maybe try Koh Tao, I rather like the Koh Tao Cabana