We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok, Phuket,Krabi Please help regarding flights.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok, Phuket,Krabi Please help regarding flights.

Hi,

Me and my wife are travelling to Thailand for the 1st time for our 25th Wedding Anniversary next February. Need help to plan this well. We are travelling from London and want to stay a few days in Bangkok , a week in Krabi , and a week in Phuket. What is the best way to do this regarding flights. Where shall we go 1st and so on and eventually leave from which airport.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,235 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok, Phuket,Krabi Please help regarding flights.

Hi,

It doesn't really matter whether you fly into Phuket or Krabi first. Whatever, you can travel from one to the other overland or by ferry via Koh Phi Phi. For budget flights check Nok Air and Air Asia, both of which fly out of Don Muang airport.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
572 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok, Phuket,Krabi Please help regarding flights.

^^ agreed.

I would suggest saving the last few days in Bangkok just in case you do some shopping, relax,& explore the city before flying back. Everybody travels differently but I tend to stay at one location for at least 2-3 days before flying home.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok, Phuket,Krabi Please help regarding flights.

Thanks Guys....I've been researching every night for a few weeks now and reading so much of the helpful posts from all you experts in order to organise this holiday. Thanks RaianV for your advice on Finishing at Bangkok before flying home but i've come up with a plan to minimise the cost and to leave from Phuket. We are thinking to book a return to Phuket for 3 weeks, and in between this we can do a 3 night return trip to Bangkok and a week in Krabi. After reading some post we decided to become a Frequent Flyer with Bangkok Airlines for free which then gives us an extra 10 kilo baggage allowance for the internal flight..Thanks once again.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok, Phuket,Krabi Please help regarding flights.

Have you also checked out flights flying into Bangkok and returning from Phuket or vice versa as it would save backtracking.

5. Re: Bangkok, Phuket,Krabi Please help regarding flights.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 07:16