We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations for thailand during April-May?

Giv'atayim, Tel...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations for thailand during April-May?

Hi,

We are going to be in Thailand for about 3 weeks.

Our flight is about 3 days from now, and we still haven't decided on what to do during our trip...

I guess we are going to finish the trip on an island or two, but that's about all that we know.

We are mainly interested in things like wildlife and nature adventures, maybe hike through some small villages. Hopefully without suffering too much from the heat...

Any recommendations or advice will be helpful :)

Khon Kaen, Thailand
Level Contributor
406 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations for thailand during April-May?

Sounds like you should spend some time in Isan, the name for the northeast region of Thailand. It's a great area that receives very few tourists. There is a FAQ about it already.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations for thailand during April-May?

Yes, Isaan would be a good place to enjoy nature and hike, so start there then do more research about which island you'd like to visist but Koh Phangan or Koh Tao would be a good place to unwind.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,820 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations for thailand during April-May?

At this time of year any of the islands are good. However, the southwest prevailing monsoon wind will be in place so the risk of rain on the west coast is increased and the sea is rougher. Making Samui / Phangan / Tao, Samet or Chang good options for islands.

An older reports, but the threads are a good read --> tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g982707-i15018-k… and tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k5…

Giv'atayim, Tel...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations for thailand during April-May?

Thanks for the advice!

So it looks like I need to do a lot more reading about Isaan, as it seems to be a huge area with lots of places to see…

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations for thailand during April-May?

Hi

If you're interested in Isaan region this thread might help tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k514…

Good luck

6. Re: Any recommendations for thailand during April-May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:16