We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok airport hanging out from midnight until 4:00am?

Omaha, Nebraska
2 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok airport hanging out from midnight until 4:00am?

Hello, my friend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on a flight from Koh Samui at 11 pm... We have a 6am flight return to the states (_not a connection, new flight)... We were thinking of just waiting at the airport until check in rather than pay for a few hours stay. Does anyone know, are there lockers we can put our luggage in until we can check ? If we go through security to claim or bags will security let us back through to the terminal that late? (Assuming we find lockers to store our luggage... Checked Items wouldn't be allowed through security so we will have to store unless we stay on the other side of security... Flying Delta and I don't think they'll take our bag that many hours ahead of flight even if the counter was open.

Thanks!

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok airport hanging out from midnight until 4:00am?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. There's no problem waiting late at night at Suvarnabhumi Airport. There is Left Luggage on Level 2 and Level 4, both near Exit/Entrance 4. Cost is 100 baht per bag per day. But there hardly seems to be any point in storing baggage when you actually don't have all that much time. By the time you're off the plane and through baggage claim for your domestic flight it will be near midnight. The check-in for your intercontinental flight will open at 03:00 for a 06:00 departure. You'll have to go from airside to landside and back through passport control and security to airside in any case unless you're able to check your baggage through.

If your flight from Samui is with Bangkok Airways, there's some strong possibilty they will check through your baggage to your ultimate destination if you ask.. They're a full service airline with interlining agreements with major carriers. In that case, you'll get your boarding pass at an airside transfer desk and then go through passport control and straight to your departure gate. I strongly recommend in that case that you look into getting lounge access or check out the day rooms operated by Louis Tavern so you can have a few hours to lie down and have a shower. hotels2thailand.com/bangkok-hotels/…infoPan

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok airport hanging out from midnight until 4:00am?

A few years ago my husband had the same situation. He already had a ticket with jet airways back to London, but needed to stay on in Chiang mai longer than expected. When he checked in at CM for his flight to Bangkok, he asked if they could check his luggage through to London and they said yes, which made things much easier.

3. Re: Bangkok airport hanging out from midnight until 4:00am?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 06:15