We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand in Nov 2014.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand in Nov 2014.

Hi

I and my husband are planning to go to Thailand in Nov 2014. The places we would love to see is Chang Mai (the floating lantern festival) and either one or both of phuket or krabi. Can anyone please suggest a tentative 9 to 10 days itenary? Both of us love diving, Koh Tao has some superb places as per the info obtained. Also is it advisable to travel from chang mai to any other island without flights I mean via bus or train or ferry? Please help...

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand in Nov 2014.

Hi

Yes you can go by bus or train from Chaingmai to island via ferry or speed boat. It will take long day if by train you would at least 24 hours before you reach you island destinations, bus will be a bit quicker. Nowadays low cost airlines are quite reasonable. I think the low cost airlines fares are not much different from train fares.

No one can give you itinerary. TA is not travel agency. This site give you advises and exchange travel ideas amongst members. You have to build up something then we can help with input, add on or leave out etc.

Edited: 16 April 2014, 13:27
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand in Nov 2014.

Sweetpea + 1

Just to add Koh Tao will be in it rainy season in November.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,115 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand in Nov 2014.

Sweetpea + 2

The best help we can offer that you research, yes doing it yourself! Surprising I know. But not radical, and may actually answer many of your basic questions

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand in Nov 2014.

Hi thanks a ton to both of you for your inputs.

Sorry for not being clear enough in my earlier post. We have to see the lantern festival in chang mai which I think falls on 6th of Nov this year. Apart from chang mai we wanted to cover one or two other destinations which have good beaches along with good diving spots.Since this is our first trip to Thailand all I was looking for is some suggestions. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand in Nov 2014.

'destinations which have good beaches along with good diving spots'

Thats a quick google search

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thailand in Nov 2014.

The distance from Chiang Mai to Southern Thailand is far , you 'could' train to bangkok and then take a flight but not worthwhile, you can fly from Chiang Mai to Phuket as example in 2 hours.

Budget flights are relatively cheap.

You could look at Khao Lak north of Phuket as a base for diving in the Similans at that time of year.

Another area / option is Koh Chang / Kood / Muk , that you can reach from Bangkok by bus and ferry or flight and ferry. That is another area to read up on

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thailand in Nov 2014.

www.scubatravel.co.uk/thailand/thaidive.html

http://thailand.com/travel/eco/eco_scuba.htm

Amazing that 2 people into diving could not find diving sites.

Edited: 16 April 2014, 14:13
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thailand in Nov 2014.

As I can understand I need to do a lot more research :) will do that for sure n get back. Thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thailand in Nov 2014.

Monica thanks for the help. Will surely look into the places suggested by you.

And Dodgeririshinlondon thanks for sending both the links. Actually I gathered a little bit of info regarding diving in Thailand from wikitravel, however it has a lot of detailed information regarding dive sites and companies. I am yet to finalize on them.

I am an amateur in travelling and doing research.Since TA is has the largest collection of experienced travellers all I wanted was some suggestions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thailand in Nov 2014.

In November I would stick to the Andaman coast. Koh Tao and all the Gulf coast will be in its rainy season.