We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 weeks in Southeast Asia

Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
6 weeks in Southeast Asia

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I will be visiting Southeast Asia for 6 weeks from Oct-Nov this year beginning in Thailand and moving on to Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and then returning to Thailand. Our itinerary as it stands is as follows:

Bangkok (3 nights) --> Chiang Mai (6 nights) --> Luang Prabang (4 nights)--> Vang Vieng (1 night) --> Vietaine (2 nights) --> Hanoi (4 nights) --> Ho Chin Minh City (3 nights) --> Phnom penh (2 nights) --> Siem Reap (3 nights) -->Phuket & Islands (9 nights) --> Bangkok (2 nights)

During this trip we want to see and experience as much as we can. To save time we will be flying between and within countries with the exception of taking the 2 day boat trip to Luang Prabang and buses within Lao and Cambodia.

Our main concern is whether we have set aside enough time in each place to visit the main tourist attractions? We realise that the relatively short duration of our trip will really only allow us to scratch the surface of what these countries have to offer but we are not the sort of people that enjoy endless hours at the beach etc.

Any suggestions on our trip or places to stay within these areas including what islands to visit in Thailand would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,804 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 weeks in Southeast Asia

Crikey, you are planning an awful lot, a huge amount of travelling!

Phuket and islands? what other islands?

You are trying to cram too much in . . .

Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 weeks in Southeast Asia

Hi TravellingMitch,

Thanks for your response.

It is also my concern as you pointed out that we may have been too ambitious with our proposed travels. That said, we are both in our early 20's and lazy days on holidays do nothing for us.

Regarding the islands we would like to visit and given the time of year we are travelling, we were thinking of splitting our time between Phuket and Phi Phi or Krabi. Do you have any suggestions? Is there much to do here in the line of activities beyond lying on a beach? I was thinking that as we are not beach lovers that we could perhaps reduce our time here and use it elsewhere?

3. Re: 6 weeks in Southeast Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:16