We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

change money to baht before arriving or when we arrive?

Belfast, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
change money to baht before arriving or when we arrive?

i have about £300 in cash from birthdays etc and was wondering would i get a better exchange rate by changing into baht in the UK or should i lodge the money into my bank account and change it when i arrive. if so where is the best place to change money? i dont mind carrying the cash around with me. Thanks!

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,169 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: change money to baht before arriving or when we arrive?

Definitely do NOT change British pounds or any other currency to baht outside Thailand, Do all your money-changing in Thailand for a much better rate, In addition, Thai foreign exchange outlets do not charge commissions.

Please read our FAQ: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand…

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,370 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: change money to baht before arriving or when we arrive?

You will get a better rate changing your GB£ to Baht in Thailand

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,107 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: change money to baht before arriving or when we arrive?

Change in the UK if you want to get 15,000 thb, exchange in Thailand if you want to get more than 16,000thb - which is equal to about £20 worth of THB in your pocket!!

Belfast, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: change money to baht before arriving or when we arrive?

Thanks alot for all the replies, will definitely be changing my money when i get to Thailand now

5. Re: change money to baht before arriving or when we arrive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 07:15