We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Samui all inclusive hotels?

Derby, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Samui all inclusive hotels?

I'm looking to go to Bangkok for 3 nights and then koh Samui for 10 nights with my partner. Need advice on a hotel choice in koh Samui ideally we wanted an all inclusive hotel but there don't seem to be many. Can anyone recommend any good hotels? (Looking for 4 or 5 star all inclusive/ full broad)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,776 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Samui all inclusive hotels?

All Inclusive? In Thailand? With the best cuisine in the world and fabulous places to sample it! Why???? There is a reason that there aren't many AI resorts anywhere in Thailand. It is just not good value and resorts are not the gated "prisons" that guests hardly venture from and not much nearby if they do like the Caribbean or Mexico. Even Full Board or Half-Board is just not worth it.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Samui all inclusive hotels?

Agree totally with Arandora. Eating out in Thailand is one of the best parts of travel to Thailand and one I would miss. Even if you don't like Thai food most restaurants have western options and there are also western style restaurants.

You can get some fabulous food very cheaply too. Some people also think it is safer eating from a higher end hotel however this is generally not the case. Eat at places that cook food fresh when ordered and use good hand hygiene before eating and you should be fine.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Samui all inclusive hotels?

Sorry, just thought - you didn't say why you are looking for AI - if you do perhaps we can help with that particular question- worry.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Samui all inclusive hotels?

You'll kick yourselves if you go full board once you get there with so many delicious choices of food in restaurants and street carts.

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Samui all inclusive hotels?

Almost no hotels are isolated in Thailand, so you will always have plenty of restaurants to choose between. Not like in resorts in Egypt and the Caribean, where there are not many local choices near.

I always book a hotel which offers breakfast, but would never eat lunch or dinner at my hotel.

But as mentioned by justallie, if you tell us the reason why you want AI, maybe we can help you.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Samui all inclusive hotels?

Bed and breakfast is the way to go in thailand because eating and drinking is fairly cheap, don't bother with an all-inclusive you'l regret it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,620 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh Samui all inclusive hotels?

Agree go B&B and go out and sample some superb Thai food

8. Re: Koh Samui all inclusive hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 06:15