We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Thailand and Possibly Cambodia

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
Trip to Thailand and Possibly Cambodia

Hello all! First time poster. I'm in the beginning stages of planning my trip to Thailand for either January 2015 or early May. Still figuring out a time frame that works for both myself, my boyfriend, and possibly my sister. We all will be first time visitors. I would also love to spend some time in Cambodia.

My boyfriend will probaby only be able to spend at most 2 weeks total away from work. My sister and I are going to continue without him for long as we can afford to do so.

Is 2 weeks enough time to do for us all to exsperience Thailand and Cambodia together before he returns stateside? Seeing Angkor Wat is a dream of mine but I don't want to go without my boyfriend. Equally, I don't want to rush through Cambodia. Can we do Thailand and Cambodia justice in just two weeks?

Thank guys. I look forward to reading what you have to teach me.

-jess

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Thailand and Possibly Cambodia

You can do Angkor Wat plus a couple of stops in Thailand in two weeks. But if you try to do more you will be rushed. You should sit down with your boyfriend and sister and make out lists of what each wants to see, then take what all three really want to see and use that as the starting point to plan the two week portion. Then you and your sister can figure out whats most important for your remaining time.

If you are budget travelers, keep in mind that taking the bus between Bangkok and Siem Reap can wipe out an entire day going and coming, versus flying in an hour and a half.

Also May is still hot season here, so you may find January more enjoyable for walking, biking, trekking etc.

2. Re: Trip to Thailand and Possibly Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 07:15