We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to thailand in 1st week of June-2014

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel to thailand in 1st week of June-2014

I plan to visit Ko Samui and Bangkok from 01 Jun 2014 to 08 Jun 2014. Considering the continuously changing political scenario and regular protest, will it be safe to travel to thailand. I have the following options :-

1. Cancel the complete tour. This would set be back by a lot of money :-(

2. Avoid Bangkok and visit Ko-Samui and visit some nearby tourist spots. This would require cancellation of Bangkok part of the trip, it'll cost me money but at least I shall have a vacation.

3. Retain the tour as-it-is.

Please suggest me what to do?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,628 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to thailand in 1st week of June-2014

You should use the search box facility before just opening a new thread !!

Do you really think you are the only person with this question.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k7…

Read/follow the thread and the news then make a decision.

Edited: 09 May 2014, 07:09
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to travel to thailand in 1st week of June-2014

I am unaware of any incident where foreign visitors have been targeted for any form of violence during this ongoing political situation. I think the Thais view this as a Thai issue. Having been in Thailand during previous periods of political upheaval, my experience/opinion is that the areas of political demonstrations are avoidable. There is a possibility of some disruption to your plans due to demonstrations. My opinion is that Bangkok offers plenty of options to occupy your time, so be prepared to be flexible.

I am taking my family to Thailand in the near future, and we will spend time in Bangkok. I see no reason to cancel your trip, but that is my opinion. As far as skipping Bangkok, I see no need to, but again that is my opinion.

3. Re: Is it safe to travel to thailand in 1st week of June-2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:16