We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Recommendations - First Timers

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
49 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Recommendations - First Timers

Hello travellers,

We're planning on coming to Thailand in March 2015. We're going to spend about 6 nights in Bangkok and the surrounding areas and then make our way to a beach (we are more than happy to train or fly to get there). We're looking for a beautiful beach without the crazy tourist feel. We don't need things to do (maybe walk around, bike, boat trip but that's about it), just a spectacular beach with a lovely little hotel. Our price range for our hotel is about $100 CAD or 3000 Baht for the night. We're in our mid forties but this will be our first trip to Asia.

We would appreciate any recommendations you have. Thanks!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Recommendations - First Timers

I couldn't think of anywhere else I'd rather be mid March than Koh Chang. Beautiful mostly unspoilt island, plenty of great boat trips to surrounding islands. Lots of stunning waterfalls, walks, elephant trekking, kayaking. The pier for Koh Chang is 5 or 6 hours by road from Bangkok.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Recommendations - First Timers

As has already been suggested Koh Chang or as it sounds you are happy with pretty quiet maybe Koh Lanta

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,695 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Recommendations - First Timers

Or you could try Khao Lak, one hoor north of Phukety Airport with 25 kms of glorious bneaches and here are pics of them taken between late November lasy year and the end of March this tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Recommendations - First Timers

Alan

You do a great job for The Khao Lak Tourist Board. A great ambassador for Khao Lak and I'd agree 100% that this is where the OP should go.

Pea

Definitely head to Khao Lak. I think it's probably got everything you want for your holidays. Regards

Jim

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,695 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Recommendations - First Timers

Cheers Jim. TA members ARE the Khao Lak Tourist Board! ;-)

Edited: 09 May 2014, 22:28
Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
49 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Recommendations - First Timers

Thank you so much for all of your help everyone! I'll do some research, thanks for getting me started - now I have to ask what is OP???

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Recommendations - First Timers

It is YOU Pea18. (Original Poster)

London, United...
Level Contributor
844 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Recommendations - First Timers

One more vote for Ko Chang. My next destination!

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
49 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Recommendations - First Timers

You learn something new every day!!! Thanks roverEngland!

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Recommendations - First Timers

You could go to phuket. you can take a ferry which is about 2 hours. you'll get to see the waters while travelling. there are a lot pf great beaches in phuket. you should check this out. I have been personally to kharon beach and it was beautiful www.phunawa.com/blog/phuket-5-beaches-visit/