We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August”

London, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August”

Tried this on on air travel forum but no definitive answer. Has anyone travelled recently on 747 and can comment on below? Thanks

I seem to go through this every year! I was worried last year and the year before that the return leg of our trip to Thailand would be AVOD free and my kids would kill me and drive me mad. Was assured that all planes were retrofitted and indeed this turned out to be the case. Have just gone ahead and booked another London/Bangkok return for August. Flight out is on Airbus but flight back on 747. Whilst choosing seats I notice that both seat expert and seat guru show this aircraft with overhead screans and no Avod. Yikes!!!!! Is this right???

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,081 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August”

Hi,

No it's not correct. The Airbus 340's have always had AVOD and setback screens and the 747's have all been retrofitted.

Cheers

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,081 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August”

PS, Check out this link: thaiairways.com/thai-services/in-the-air/en/…

Note that Thai only use the 747-400 (7444) series and the Airbus 340-600 series on London to Bangkok route.

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August”

That's great. Thanks so much Paul.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,763 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August”

Hi

Fly TG910 and TG911 earlier this year on the 747. On demand IE and seat back TVs!! Good choice, as good as any of the middle east airlines!

London, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August”

thanks TravellingMitch. Have flown Thai a few times and really like them. We prefer overnight flights as its easier with children and Thai are the only airline currently oferring return overnight direct flights.

6. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August”

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:16