We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South East Asia in 2 weeks, please help!

1 post
Save Topic
South East Asia in 2 weeks, please help!

Me and my husband are planning a 2 week trip to South East Asia next April (all the time we could get off work) and I would be grateful if anyone could give some advice on where to go!

I have spent some time in Asia as a student (10 weeks in total) and have travelled to Singapore, Malaysia, Bangkok, Koh Sumet, Koh Samui, Koh phangan, Bali but my husband has never been to South east asia before!!!

I have raved about how much I loved it, the food, the culture, the vibe and want him the have that same magical feeling that I have experienced. I know that in 2 weeks he wont have all the experiences I have had in 10 weeks so picking the right places is crucial!! Experiences that stick out to me are Singapore (one of my favourite cities in the world), jungle trekking in Thailand, white water rafting and cheap spa treatments in Bali and sitting on the beautiful beach of phi phi.

We definitely want to go Singapore there is much more there I havnt seen and Bangkok although there isnt much I havnt done there he wants to get some tailoring done as his brother got his wedding suit made there. I would like to go somewhere I havnt been before like Vietnam and Cambodia and finish with one of the thai Islands.

At first I was thinking 2 days in Singapore, 2 days to see Angkor wat in Cambodia, 2 days in Bangkok and 5 days at one of the Islands (few days for travel). Unfortunately you cant fly direct from Singapore to Siem Reap-would Chang Mai be a good alternative to Cambodia or is Cambodia a real must see if I havnt been?

On way to Phi Phi we stopped in Phuket which didnt like as too touristy, Is Samui very touristy as well, if we went there would I wished we went to Phi Phi?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,952 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South East Asia in 2 weeks, please help!

The 2 days in S'pore and Cambo include travel days? If yes, depending on flight arrival and departure times and being at the airport 3hours before departure doesn't leave much time for anything.

Also when was the last time you visited Phi Phi?

Edited: 14 May 2014, 22:09
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: South East Asia in 2 weeks, please help!

It was 5 years ago since last in Phi Phi rebuilding itself after tsunami, has it changed much since?!

Udon Thani
Level Contributor
137 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South East Asia in 2 weeks, please help!

"Unfortunately you cant fly direct from Singapore to Siem Reap"

You can. Silkair.com. It is even possible to book now for April 2015. It is expensive at $302 SGD ($241 US) compared to other one way flights in the region, but is more convenient. I know yoru travel is tight, but you've said you've been all over SEA but haven't been to Cambodia. That in mind I'd recommend doing it going Siem Reap over Chiang Mai.

Also note April 13-15 are Songkran here. If the dates work be in Thailand during that part of your travel.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South East Asia in 2 weeks, please help!

I would suggest you to plan for either Bangkok + Pattaya OR if you like to be on beach then Hua Hin+ Bangkok.

Thailand is very economical, you can enjoy 5* hotels for about INR 4000, lot of cultural sites, many exciting modern malls and great shopping. If you both like to visit night life, there are ample choices.

Hong Kong + Macau is another place I can recommend.

5. Re: South East Asia in 2 weeks, please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:17