We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai visa from London Embassy - how long by post?

Farnham England
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Thai visa from London Embassy - how long by post?

My son is going to Thailand at the end of June for over a month. Yes we have left it quite late to get a visa. Does anyone know how long it would take by post from the London embassy? I could go there in person and get it done but would prefer the postal route as long as it's reliable and quick. Does anyone have recent experience they can share please?

Many thanks

Ann

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,725 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai visa from London Embassy - how long by post?

There is no mention of application by post on the Thai Embassy London website. It says:

" 1. The Embassy is open for Visa application from Monday - Friday from 09.00 - 12.30 hrs, the last appointment ticket is issued at 12pm. (except for Embassy's public holiday). No appointment is required. It takes 1 working day to process a visa.

2. Successful applicants can collect their passport and visa from 11.00 - 12.00 hrs., 1 day after the date of their application. Anyone with the receipt can collect visa on behalf of applicants."

I would think your son has to be present at the first day interview.

See other requirements at http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/60

Farnham England
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai visa from London Embassy - how long by post?

Thanks Arandora but if you look on this page http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/4 of the website there are instructions for applying by post. It says it takes 3-5 days to process, but I was wondering if anyone had recent experience and could confirm those timings?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,725 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai visa from London Embassy - how long by post?

Typical! That page carries the message "The Royal Thai Embassy in London commenced its visa application by post service on the 2 January 2014" but didn't cross reference that with other pages. Sorry, missed it. Hope somebody can confirm the claimed timescale but given short timescale I'd prefer the certainty of a personal application if that can be arranged without too much inconvenience. The last thing I would want and why we always made a personal application to the Consulate in Hull (that has been stopped now as well as post) was for our passports to get lost or delayed in the post.

Jersey
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai visa from London Embassy - how long by post?

Hi, I applied by post last week, sent my application on the Tuesday morning and I had it back on the Friday. This was recorded special delivery from Exeter to the London office (both ways - sent and self addressed envelope inside, cost £14 plus the £25 visa fee). Hope this helps.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 22:00
Farnham England
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai visa from London Embassy - how long by post?

Thanks very much Lisa for the reassurance. Thanks Arandora too for your help!

6. Re: Thai visa from London Embassy - how long by post?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 06:17