We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Days in Asia

San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
10 Days in Asia

I've always wanted to travel to Asia and it is looking like I'm going to get my chance but I will be traveling solo. I will have about 8-10 days to spend abroad and was wondering if any of you had suggestions of where to go, what to do, where to stay, what time of year to travel, what airlines, etc.

I know these are really broad questions but I am wondering if you only had about 10 days to spend anywhere in Asia, traveling solo, where would you go? What would you do?

I know that 10 days is not very long but due to work and family, I am not typically able to travel for long stays, so I would like to see as much as possible in this short amount of time. Would love to do an Asian tour of multiple countries but not sure if that is feasible with my limited time. I am into big cities, amazing art/nature sights, great food, markets, and I would love to see an incredible beach if possible.

Budget is about $1500-2000 USD...

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Days in Asia

Asia is a BIG place and depending on which part of Asia, East, South East or South,not only culturally different but also a big difference in cities and landscape.

You will need to try and narrow down what you want to see and experience most.

San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Days in Asia

Sorry about that. Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam....possibly Japan.

San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Days in Asia

I'm trying to find advice from others who have experience traveling these areas or maybe did some sort of mini tour of different areas and could offer suggestions. It's just a little overwhelming when trying to narrow down where to go, what to see, where to stay, etc. Looking for some guidance...

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,641 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 Days in Asia

10 days .. go to Cambodia - it the only one small enough to see the major sites in that short time frame

are your travel days to/from the US included or is it 10 days on the ground in which ever country you pick?

San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 Days in Asia

The 10 days includes travel from the US :(

Rather than seeing multiple places in each country, I was thinking of spending 2-3 days in Bangkok, another 2-3 days in another major city in Cambodia and doing the same in Vietnam. Is that too much? Should I just stay in Bangkok for the whole time?

I just am not sure I will ever get this opportunity again so I want to see as much as possible. Thoughts?

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 Days in Asia

If you try to see too much you'll also miss out on so much.

Fly to Cambodia and see Angkor Wat. It's an incredible sight. From there I'd attempt only one other destination which would probably be Bangkok.

It's easy to arrange flights between the two and an open jaw return would help keep the cost down a bit.

Asia is a big place and traveling too much will mean days lost.

Regards

Jim

Edited: 17 June 2014, 01:04
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 Days in Asia

Hi, if you only have ten days, I would probably fly into Siem Reap,(4 days), fly to Bangkok for a couple of days, get a drive to Pattaya or Jomtien for 2-3 days and then back to Bangkok and fly out from there.

It will still be pretty rushed, but you see the wonderful temples of cambodia, Bangkok and a little beach ummmm party time in Pattaya.

Viv

8. Re: 10 Days in Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:16