We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa extension needed?

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Visa extension needed?

Hi,

If fly into and out of Bangkok but leave Thailand for -

at least12 days ( go to cambodia/ vietnam then re enter thailand) of a 42 day trip is my 30 day visa sufficient as a US citizen or do I need an extension?

Thanks

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa extension needed?

Hi

this has been gone over many times before

you do not get a visa you get a 30 day visa exemption say for your trip you fly into BKK stay for 20 days then

leave for 12 days when you come back you would get another 30 day visa exemption.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa extension needed?

You will need proof of onward travel within 30 days. I believe an airline ticket is the only acceptable form of proof, otherwise the airline taking you to Thailand may/will refuse to let you board.

Safe and happy travel

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa extension needed?

Every time you enter Thailand you will get a new immigration stamp of 30 days of stay.

4. Re: Visa extension needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:17